8 Port VGA over Cat5 Digital Signage Broadcaster with RS232 & Audio
Product ID: DS128
Extend and centrally manage VGA video, audio and RS232 control signals to multiple displays
DS Series 8 Port Broadcaster is able to send out VGA, Audio, and RS-232 signals to the DSRXL receiver
In stock: +
USA: 22 | Canada: 27
We will transfer stock to fulfill your order at no extra cost. If the quantity shown for our US warehouse isn’t enough to fulfill your order, we will transfer the required stock from our Canadian warehouse.
Same Day Shipping +In-stock items from U.S. if ordered by 5pm ET*
StarTech.com's DS Series Cat5 Digital Signage Broadcaster with RS232 Serial and Audio offers a comprehensive audio and video extension system, with the added benefit of serial control!
Compatible with virtually any VGA-capable PC or Digital Signage media player, the DS128 VGA Splitter lets you deliver VGA video as well as the accompanying audio and serial control signals to the connected Cat5 VGA Receivers (DSRXL - purchased separately), all through one Cat5 cable.
Comprised of this unit (DS128) and the corresponding receivers, our DS Series offers several unique features compared to our other VGA Extenders, including the ability to extend RS-232 serial signals from the source to each display for controlling the displays as well as Java Client Management Software (DSNet Manager) that simplifies adjusting the settings for each receiver and display. The sofware can be controlled via an Ethernet port on a PC/Media Player or on a LAN (Local Area Network).
Ensuring not only a simple and cost-effective way to extend and control VGA video and the corresponding audio, the DS series (DS128 and DSRXL) also maintains exceptional, high quality video, up to 1600x1200 over a 100m connection. For further extension, you can daisy chain up to five receivers, for a maximum distance of 300m.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- One system, one Cat5 cable to deliver and control your video, audio, and serial signals to each display.
- High resolution support of 1600x1200 ensures high quality signal delivery for high definition content.
- Included DSNet Manager software saves time allowing to tweak each receiver and display anywhere on a local area network or a wireless local area network.
- Future additions are easy with the ability to split each receiver to two displays or daisy chain up to five receivers.
- Use digital signage to catch the attention of your audience and deliver up to date content the way you want it to be seen and heard.
- The DS Series can be used in education, healthcare, retail, hospitality, and other environments.
- Broadcast up to 80 displays when daisy chaining receivers. Deliver a VGA, audio and serial signal to each display along with the DSRXL receivers. With RS-232 controls you can control displays from the PC or media player.
|ASI Distribution USA||102494|
|Ingram Micro USA||CT6666|
|Cabling||Cat 5 UTP|
|Industry Standards||DDC/EDID Emulation for port 1 monitor|
|Local Unit Connectors||1 - DB-9 (9 pin; D-Sub) Female|
|Local Unit Connectors||1 - DB-9 (9 pin; D-Sub) Male|
|Local Unit Connectors||1 - VGA (15 pin; High Density D-Sub) Female|
|Local Unit Connectors||1 - VGA (15 pin; High Density D-Sub) Male|
|Local Unit Connectors||10 - RJ-45 Female|
|Local Unit Connectors||2 - 3.5 mm Mini-Jack (3 Position) Female|
|Maximum Cable Length||32.8 ft [10 m]|
|Max Distance||300 m / 950 ft|
|Maximum Analog Resolutions||1600x1200|
|Supported Resolutions||1600x1200 @ 100m / 330ft |
1280 x 1024 @ 300m / 950ft
|Wide Screen Supported||Yes|
|Product Length||11.8 in [300 mm]|
|Product Width||6.3 in [160 mm]|
|Product Height||1.6 in [40 mm]|
|Product Weight||3.1 lb [1.4 kg]|
|LED Indicators||1 - Power (Red)|
|LED Indicators||2 - 10/100 (Red) - LAN speed|
|LED Indicators||2 - Link (Green) - LAN link status|
|LED Indicators||8 - Receiver (Green) - Receiver link status|
|Power Adapter Included||Yes|
|Output Voltage||5 DC|
|Center Tip Polarity||Positive|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F)|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||One Cat5 VGA Receiver (DSRXL) per monitor you are connecting|
|Note||Up to 5 receiver units can be daisy-chained from the broadcaster unit extending to a maximum distance of 300m|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||5.9 lb [2.7 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Digital Signage 8 Port Transmitter|
|Included in Package||1 - 3.5mm Audio Cable|
|Included in Package||1 - VGA Cable|
|Included in Package||2 - Rack Mounting Brackets (w/ Screws)|
|Included in Package||1 - DSNet Manager Software CD|
|Included in Package||1 - Universal Power Adapter (NA/UK/EU/AUS)|
|Included in Package||1 - Instruction Manual|
Certifications, Reports and Compatibility
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.