RS-232 to RS485/422 Serial Converter
Product ID: IC485S
Convert an RS232 data signal to either RS485 or RS422
Supports up to 4000 ft cable length
Handy DCE/DTE mode selection switch
Supports point-to-point multidrop configuration
66 | Canada:
We will transfer stock to fulfill your order at no extra cost. If the quantity shown for our US warehouse isn’t enough to fulfill your order, we will transfer the required stock from our Canadian warehouse.
Same Day Shipping +on in-stock items from USA if ordered by 5pm ET*
IC485S [IC485SIS] converts RS-232 serial interfaces to RS-485/422 serial interfaces for trouble-free data transmission. This 2-in-1 converter converts RS232C to either the RS-485 or RS-422 interface, and is DCE/DTE mode selectable at the flip of a switch, making it easy to change line signals!
The RS232 serial interface converter offers several convenient features including mode selection, point-to-point multidrop configuration and RS 485/422 monitor mode, and is constructed of high grade plastic for enhanced durability. The converter supports connections of up to 4000 ft, with data transfer rates of up to 1MB/sec.
Suitable for a broad range of operating environments, this adapter includes an optional 9V power adapter or can draw power on its own, and is backed by StarTech.com’s 2-year warranty and FREE lifetime tech support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Can be used to monitor RS-485/422 signals
- 2-in-1 converter! Converts RS232C to either RS-485 or RS-422 with cable length up to 4000 ft!
- Supports point-to-point multidrop configuration and full or half duplex operation
- 2-year warranty and FREE LIFETIME technical support
- Converts RS232C signals to either RS-485 or RS-422 signals
- Great for monitoring or controlling RS-422/485 devices like PLCs and other industrial equipment
- Ideal in office, warehouse, or other environments where RS-232 and RS-485/422 are used
|ASI Distribution USA||88063|
|D and H||IC485S|
|Ingram Micro USA||CH4500|
|Port Style||Cable Adapter|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - DB-25 (25 pin; D-Sub) Female|
|1 - RJ-11 Female|
|1 - Terminal Block (4 Wire)|
|Max Baud Rate||115.2 Kbps|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||1MB/sec|
|Maximum Cable Length||4000 ft [1219.5 m]|
|Product Length||2.7 in [68 mm]|
|Product Width||2.1 in [54 mm]|
|Product Height||0.7 in [19 mm]|
|Product Weight||1.7 oz [47 g]|
|Output Voltage||9 DC|
|Center Tip Polarity||Positive|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 60°C (4°F to 140°F)|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.9 lb [0.4 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - INTERFACE CONVERTER|
|1 - ADAPTER|
|1 - MANUAL|
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the IC485S. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.
360° View Gallery