5 Channel PCI Sound Adapter Card with AC97 3D Audio Effects
Product ID: PCISOUND5CH
Add 5.1 channel audio to a desktop PC through a PCI slot
5.1 channel surround sound output via 3.5mm mini-jacks
Full-Duplex operation for recording and playback
May be in stock with Resellers/Distributors
This product has been replaced with:5 Channel Low Profile PCI Sound Adapter Card – 24 Bits (PCISOUND5LP)
This 5 Channel PCI Sound Card offers a cost-effective multimedia solution, delivering high quality 5.1 channel audio that's ideal for gaming, HTPC applications or any surround sound configuration.
Providing true Full-Duplex playback/capture with different sampling rates (up to 48KHz stereo), the PCI sound card supports simultaneous recording and playback, and features a GAME/MIDI port that lets you use a serial joystick or other legacy gaming device from Windows XP or older operating systems.
This high quality PCI Sound Card is backed by StarTech.com's Lifetime Warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Dedicated hardware outputs for each pair of channels and a legacy Game/MIDI port for older systems and equipment
- Backed by a StarTech.com lifetime warranty and free lifetime technical support
View full OS compatibility
Windows 9x/ ME/ NT 4.0/ 2000/ XP(32/64-bit)/ 2003(32/64-bit)/ Server 2008 R2/ Vista(32/64-bit)/ 7(32/64-bit)/ 8(32/64-bit)
- Replace failed or stereo-only onboard audio for a desktop system
- Upgrade to 5.1 audio for a desktop without onboard audio or less than 5.1 surround
- Build a inexpensive home theater PC or multimedia PC with surround sound capabilities
- Users with old legacy peripherals such as serial gaming joysticks or MIDI instruments
|ASI Distribution USA||81430|
|D and H||PCISOUND5CH|
|Bus Type||PCI (5 Volt)|
|Industry Standards||EAX, Karaoke Key and echoing, Microsoft PC99, Microsoft DirectSound™ 3D, A3DTM, DirectMusic™ PCI Version 2.1, Advanced Power Management (PPMI)|
|Chipset ID||C-Media - CMI8738|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - PCI (5V; 32-bit) Male|
|Internal Ports||1 - MPC2 (4 pin; Audio) Male|
|External Ports||1 - DB-15 (15 pin; D-Sub) Female|
|5 - 3.5 mm Mini-Jack (3 Position) Female|
|OS Compatibility||Windows 9x/ ME/ NT 4.0/ 2000/ XP(32/64-bit)/ 2003(32/64-bit)/ Server 2008 R2/ Vista(32/64-bit)/ 7(32/64-bit)/ 8(32/64-bit)|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||Game/MIDI port is no longer supported under Windows Vista or later operating systems|
|Product Length||4.8 in [121 mm]|
|Product Width||0.7 in [18 mm]|
|Product Height||4.7 in [120 mm]|
|Product Weight||2.5 oz [70 g]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.3 lb [0.1 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - PCI Sound Card|
|1 - Driver CD|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the PCISOUND5CH. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.
360° View Gallery