1 Port USB over Cat5 / Cat6 Ethernet Extender - up to 131ft (40m)
Product ID: USB110EXT2
Extend a USB 1.1 device up to 40m (131ft) away from a computer, over a Cat5/Cat6 cable
1x USB 1.1 port, 1x RJ45 port
Support for a maximum distance of up to 40m (131ft), over Cat5 or Cat6 cabling
In stock: +
USA: 86 | Canada: 19
We will transfer stock to fulfill your order at no extra cost. If the quantity shown for our US warehouse isn’t enough to fulfill your order, we will transfer the required stock from our Canadian warehouse.
Same Day Shipping +In-stock items from U.S. if ordered by 5pm ET*
The USB110EXT2 USB 1.1 Extender enables you to extend a USB 1.1 connection over distances of up to 40-meters (131-feet) using standard Cat5 or Cat6 UTP cabling, bypassing the normal limitation of 5m (15ft) for USB 1.1 devices and allows for the host computer system to be safely stored in a remote location.
The USB Extender features a compact design with no external power requirements, making it the ideal solution for remote USB cameras, keyboards, mice or other input devices for environments where install space or access to electrical outlets is limited.
Able to deliver up to 300mA of power (when supplied with 500mA from the host computer), the extender is fully compliant with the USB 1.1 specification, with support for up to 12Mbps of data bandwidth.
Backed by a StarTech.com 3-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- USB 1.1 extender supports any full-speed (12 Mbps) or low-speed (1.5 Mbps) USB peripheral at up to 131 feet (40 meters) - a cost-effective solution for extending USB devices that don't require the higher bandwidth offered by USB 2.0+
- Provides more power at the remote end (up to 300mA), without external power, than most other similar USB Ethernet extenders, for more versatile device connection options
- USB over Cat5/Cat6 eliminates the need to cascade expensive, inflexible and space consuming USB hubs or repeaters for extending the range of a USB device
- Secured environments where the host computer must be in a secure, inaccessible location from the the keyboard, mouse, camera or other USB input devices
- Use existing in-wall Cat5/Cat6 wiring to extend USB 1.1 device connections between rooms
- Reduce cable clutter and the need for mid-point USB hubs/repeaters by running a single, easy-to-install Cat5/Cat6 cable
- Industrial control environments where the host computer must be located away from interference or contamination
|ASI Distribution USA||126344|
|D and H||USB110EXT2|
|Ingram Micro USA||PQ7649|
|Cabling||Cat 5e UTP or better|
|Local Unit Connectors||1 - RJ-45 Female|
|Local Unit Connectors||1 - USB A (4 pin) Male|
|Remote Unit Connectors||1 - RJ-45 Female|
|Remote Unit Connectors||1 - USB A (4 pin) Female|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||12 Mbps|
|Max Distance||40 m / 131 ft|
|OS Compatibility||Windows 2000/ XP(32/64-bit)/ Server 2003(32/64-bit)/ Vista(32/64-bit)/ 7(32/64-bit)/ Server 2008 R2/8(32/64-bit), Windows CE 6.0, and Mac OS X, and Linux|
|Product Length||3.3 in [85 mm]|
|Product Width||1.6 in [40 mm]|
|Product Height||1 in [25 mm]|
|Product Weight||1.8 oz [50 g]|
|Power Adapter Included||USB-Powered|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 70°C (-4°F to 158°F)|
|Humidity||20% ~ 80% RH|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||Available USB port|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||6.5 oz [185 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB 1.1 Extender Local Unit|
|Included in Package||1 - USB 1.1 Extender Remote Unit|
|Included in Package||1 - Instruction Manual|
Certifications, Reports and Compatibility
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.