2 port PCI Express SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Card with UASP Support - 1 Internal 1 External
Add one internal and one external SuperSpeed USB 3.0 to your PC
Provides both internal and external USB 3.0 connections
Optional SATA power connector for up to 900mA per port output
Fully compliant with USB 3.0 revision 1.0 specifications and Intel xHCI rev0.96 specifications
196 | Canada:
We will transfer stock to fulfill your order at no extra cost. If the quantity shown for our US warehouse isn’t enough to fulfill your order, we will transfer the required stock from our Canadian warehouse.
Same Day Shipping on in-stock items from USA if ordered by 5pm ET*
The PEXUSB3S11 PCI Express USB 3.0 Card lets you add one internal, and one external USB 3.0 port to your PC through a PCI Express slot.
Featuring a native NEC PCI Express host controller chipset, the new USB 3.0 standard supports transfer rates of up to 5Gbps, while still providing backward compatibility with older USB 2.0 (480Mbps) and 1.1 (12Mbps) devices. The inclusion of an internal USB 3.0 connection provides the added benefit of compatibility with USB 3.0-based internal storage solutions or front-bay hubs.
Enhanced with UASP support (USB Attached SCSI Protocol), this USB 3.0 controller performs up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0 when paired with a UASP supported enclosure (Note: UASP requires a compatible operating system). Using a more efficient protocol than the traditional USB BOT (Bulk-Only Transport), UASP technology optimizes transfers by allowing multiple commands to be processed simultaneously, significantly increasing transfer speeds for less wait time on data transfers. See our UASP test results below for further details.
For bus-powered USB devices, this PCIe USB 3.0 card includes an optional SATA power connector to connect to your system power supply and deliver up to 900mA of power per port to USB 3.0 devices (500mA for USB 2.0).
Backed by a StarTech.com lifetime warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Improved Performance with UASP
UASP is supported in Windows® 8, Server 2012 and Linux kernel 2.6.3 or later. In testing UASP performed with up to a 70% faster read / 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.
At the same peak in testing, UASP also showed up to an 80% reduction in required processor resources.
Test results were obtained using an Intel® Ivy Bridge system, StarTech.com add-on USB 3.0 cards, a UASP-enabled StarTech.com enclosure, and a SATA III solid state drive.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Versatile connection of internal or external peripherals with the 1 internal, 1 external port design
- Time-saving file transfers, up to 70% faster than traditional USB 3.0 when used with a UASP-supported enclosure
- Power high-powered USB devices as necessary, with the optional SATA power connector
Common Customer Questions
View full OS compatibility
Windows® 8 (32/64bit), 7 (32/34), Vista (32/64), XP (32/64)
Windows Server® 2008 R2, 2003
- Add one internal and one external SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port to a PCI Express compatible PC for high speed connectivity to USB 3.0 compatible peripherals
- Enable high speed USB communication between your PC and any USB 3.0 enabled external device such as a USB enclosure or Audio Video device
- Add a reliable, fast, hot-swappable, connectivity solution for backups and data archiving for Desktop, Server and Thin-Client computers
|ASI Distribution USA||102703|
|D and H||PEXUSB3S11|
|Ingram Micro USA||CT6673|
|Bus Type||PCI Express|
|Card Type||Standard Profile (LP bracket incl.)|
|Chipset ID||Renesas / NEC - µPD720200|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - PCI Express x1 Male|
|External Ports||1 - USB 3.0 A (9 pin; SuperSpeed) Female|
|Internal Ports||1 - SATA Power (15 pin) Plug|
|1 - USB 3.0 A (9 pin; SuperSpeed) Female|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 8 (32/64bit), 7 (32/34), Vista (32/64), XP (32/64)
Windows Server® 2008 R2, 2003
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||The maximum throughput of this card is limited by the bus interface. If used with PCI Express Gen 1.0 enabled computers, the max throughput is 2.5 Gbps. If used with PCI Express Gen 2.0 enabled computers, the max throughput is 5 Gbps.|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F)|
|Product Height||0.8 in [20 mm]|
|Product Length||2.8 in [70 mm]|
|Product Weight||1.4 oz [40 g]|
|Product Width||4.7 in [120 mm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||4.6 oz [131 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - PCI Express USB 3.0 card|
|1 - Low profile bracket|
|1 - Driver CD|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Add 2 USB 3.0 ports to your desktop computer through a PCI Express expansion slot
Add six external and one internal high speed USB 2.0 ports to any PCIe compatible PC
Add two USB 2.0 ports to a computer through an ExpressCard slot
Add 4 USB 2.0 ports to a laptop from an ExpressCard slot
Add two USB 3.0 ports to your laptop through an ExpressCard slot
Add 7 USB 2.0 Ports to your PC through a PCI slot
Add 4 external USB ports and 1 internal USB port to your computer through a PCI Express slot
Add 4 USB 2.0 ports to your low profile/small form factor computer through a PCI Express expansion slot
Connect USB 3.0 A devices to a USB hub or to your computer
Connect to your external devices and transfer data at 10x the speed of USB 2.0
Connect to your external solutions and transfer data at 10x the speed of USB 2.0
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the PEXUSB3S11. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
Average Customer Ratings
|Quality of Product|
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I install my USB 3.0 card in Windows Vista / 7 / 8?
- How do I install my USB 3.0 card in Windows XP?
- I installed my new expansion card and now the computer cannot load the operating system. What do I do?
- I have installed my new expansion card but Windows cannot detect it. What do I do?
- Everything is hooked up but nothing is working. What should I do? (Windows)
- Do I need to plug in power to the USB controller card from my power supply?
Do you still need help?
Live-chat with a technical advisor.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.
Startech.com - 2 port PCI Express SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Card with UASP Support - 1 Internal 1 External
360° View Gallery