Hard Disk Drive Duplicator Dock – USB 3.0 to SATA HDD Duplicator
Product ID: SATDOCK22RU3
Clone a SATA hard drive, sector-by-sector, to another SATA hard drive
Standalone Sector by Sector copying including the HPA
SuperSpeed USB 3.0 host interface, with support for data transfer rates up to 5 Gbps
The SATDOCK22RU3 USB 3.0 to SATA Hard Drive Duplicator Dock can be used as a standalone SATA hard drive duplicator, or as a USB 3.0 SATA hard drive docking station, enabling you to duplicate/clone an existing hard drive without the use of a host computer system or access docked hard drives as though they were installed within the computer system.
In Duplicator Mode, it creates an exact 1-to-1 sector clone from one hard drive to another, including partition and boot sector information and all data, at a rate of ~72MB/second, ensuring data integrity and consistency for sensitive operations (data recovery, etc.).
In Dock Mode, it can be connected to your host computer through USB 3.0, supporting up to 5 Gbps of bandwidth from both hard drives to your computer system. Large capacity drives (tested with up to 4TB 3.5" and 1TB 2.5" drives per bay) can be used to greatly enhance your computer's storage/backup capabilities.
The value of this hard drive docking station can be further extended through a SATA to IDE hard drive adapter (SAT2IDEADP), which enables you to use any 2.5 or 3.5in IDE hard drive in a SATA hard drive dock slot.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Standalone cloning operation with LED progress indicator allows for creating 1:1 copies of hard drives without having to connect to a host computer
- A USB 3.0 Docking Station mode allows access to both drives simultaneously with up to 5 Gbps of bandwidth
- A top slot-loading design provides quick and easy access to the data without having to install drives into an enclosure or tray
View full OS compatibility
Windows XP(32/64-bit)/ Server 2003(32/64-bit)/ Server 2008 R2/ Vista(32/64-bit)/ 7(32/64-bit)/ 8 (32/64-bit) Mac OS 10.4/ 10.5/ 10.6/ 10.7/ 10.8 Linux
- Disk sector imaging/cloning to create an exact replica of a source drive onto another hard drive
- Create identical backups for when data integrity is crucial, such as in data recovery and forensic applications
- Technicians who require access to bare hard drives for backup/recovery purposes or needs to swap between drives regularly
- Quickly access data from a drive, without having to install it internally or into an enclosure
|ASI Distribution USA||121062|
|D and H||SATDOCK22RU3|
|Ingram Micro USA||NF7718|
|Bus Type||USB 3.0|
|Number of Drives||2|
|Drive Size||2.5in & 3.5in|
|Chipset ID||JMicron - JMS551|
|Drive Connectors||2 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||1 - USB 3.0 B (9 pin; SuperSpeed) Female|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s|
|SATA II (3 Gbps)|
|Max Drive Capacity||Currently tested with up to 4TB 5400 RPM hard drives per bay (8TB total) and 1TB 5400 RPM 2.5" hard drives (2TB total)|
|OS Compatibility||Windows XP(32/64-bit)/ Server 2003(32/64-bit)/ Server 2008 R2/ Vista(32/64-bit)/ 7(32/64-bit)/ 8 (32/64-bit) Mac OS 10.4/ 10.5/ 10.6/ 10.7/ 10.8 Linux|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
For duplication, the destination drive must be of equal or greater capacity than the source drive.
If the source drive contains an EISA (Extended Industry Standard Architecture) partition, the EISA partition needs to be removed prior to beginning the duplication.
|Product Length||5 in [128 mm]|
|Product Width||4.1 in [103 mm]|
|Product Height||2.4 in [62 mm]|
|Product Weight||19.8 oz [562 g]|
|LED Indicators||1 - Duplication Progress (Blue)|
|1 - Power (Green)|
|2 - Drive Power/Activity (Blue)|
|Power Adapter Included||Yes|
|Output Voltage||12 DC|
|Center Tip Polarity||Positive|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 85°C (32°F to 185°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 95°C (14°F to 203°F)|
|Humidity||5% ~ 90% RH|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||24.7 oz [700 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Hard Drive Duplicator|
|1 - USB 3.0 Cable|
|1 - Power Adapter|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the SATDOCK22RU3. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.