3.5in Black USB 2.0 to IDE SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure
Turn an Internal 3.5" SATA or IDE Hard Drive into an External USB Hard Drive
Accepts either SATA or IDE (PATA) drives
High Speed USB 2.0 compliant host interface, with support for transfer rates up to 480 Mbps
Compatible with SATA 1.5/3.0/6.0Gbps or IDE 66/100/133 Mbps hard drives
0 | Canada:
We will transfer stock to fulfill your order at no extra cost. If the quantity shown for our US warehouse isn’t enough to fulfill your order, we will transfer the required stock from our Canadian warehouse.
Same Day Shipping on in-stock items from USA if ordered by 5pm ET*
This product has been replaced with:3.5in USB 3.0 External IDE / SATA III Universal Hard Drive Enclosure - Portable External HDD (UNI3510BMU32)
This hybrid, 3.5in USB 2.0 to IDE/SATA Hard Drive Enclosure lets you turn almost any 3.5in hard drive into a portable storage device! Compatible with both IDE (66/100/133) or SATA (SATA, SATA II, SATA III) hard drives, the enclosure offers a cost-effective and convenient choice for a variety of uses including data backups, digital image storage, multimedia storage, or simply putting an "outdated" drive to good use. Large capacity drives (tested with up to 4TB) can be used to greatly enhance your computer's storage/backup capabilities.
The UNI3510U2 IDE/SATA hard drive enclosure is designed and built to provide extreme durability and stability, while remaining an attractive addition to any environment with a stylish aluminum casing and fixed luminescent base that glows an eye-catching blue while the enclosure is powered.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Broad compatibility, with the option to install IDE or SATA drives
Common Customer Questions
No additional drivers or software required.
- Turn an unused IDE (PATA) or SATA hard drive into additional external storage
- Technicians who work with and need to access a variety of different drives
- Create a fast, portable external storage solution for desktops, laptops or netbooks
- Add-on storage to any USB enabled computer system
- Backup data to an external storage device for archiving or freeing up space
|ASI Distribution USA||82891|
|Compatible Drive Types (Type and Rate)||SATA & IDE|
|Number of Drives||1|
|Number of internal 3.5 inch bays||1|
|Max Drive Capacity||Currently tested with up to 4TB 5400 RPM hard drives|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||480 Mbps|
|Drive Connectors||1 - IDE (40 Pin; EIDE/PATA) Female|
|1 - LP4 (4 pin; Molex Large Drive Power) Female|
|1 - SATA (7 pin; Data) Receptacle|
|1 - SATA Power (15 pin) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||1 - USB B (4 pin) Female|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|Center Tip Polarity||Positive|
|Input Voltage||115 AC|
|Output Voltage||12 DC|
|Power Source||AC Adapter Included|
|Product Height||5.5 in [139.7 mm]|
|Product Length||8.7 in [222.3 mm]|
|Product Weight||26.4 oz [748.4 g]|
|Product Width||1.5 in [38 mm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||3 lb [1.4 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 External HDD Enclosure|
|1 - IDE Cable (Internal)|
|1 - LP4 Power Adapter Cable (Internal)|
|1 - SATA Data Cable (Internal)|
|1 - SATA Power Adapter Cable (Internal)|
|1 - USB 2.0 Cable|
|1 - Mounting Screw Kit|
|1 - AC Power Adapter|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Add 5 USB 2.0 ports to any desktop computer with a PCI slot
Reliably extend the distance of a USB 2.0 device an additional 15ft
Connect USB 2.0 peripherals to your computer
Connect USB 2.0 peripherals to your computer
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the UNI3510U2. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
Average Customer Ratings
|Quality of Product|
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I initialize a brand new hard drive in Windows?
- How do I initialize a brand new hard drive in Mac OSX?
- What do MBR and GPT mean, and when do I use them?
- My hard drive accessory is not detecting my IDE hard drive. What do I do?
- Everything is hooked up, but nothing is working. What do I do?
- Is there a minimum size of IDE hard drives I can use with my hard drive accessories?
Do you still need help?
Live-chat with a technical advisor.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.
Startech.com - 3.5in Black USB 2.0 to IDE SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure