4 Port RS232 Serial over IP Ethernet Device Server
Product ID: NETRS232_4
Connect to, configure and remotely manage four RS-232 serial device over an IP network
Browser based configuration of network settings, serial port line settings, UART transmit and receive buffer trigger levels and serial port flow control
Comes complete with Ether Link Manager software making serial device configuration easy
In stock: +
USA: 30 | Canada: 8
We will transfer stock to fulfill your order at no extra cost. If the quantity shown for our US warehouse isn’t enough to fulfill your order, we will transfer the required stock from our Canadian warehouse.
Same Day Shipping +In-stock items from U.S. if ordered by 5pm ET*
This 4 Port Ethernet-to-Remote RS 232 Serial interface converter allows you to install your RS 232 serial devices anywhere on your TCP/IP Ethernet WAN/LAN, and still access them as if they were right beside you - even if the connection is established through an Internet connection!
The interface converter provides simple control of serial devices, even at long distances, allowing access to the remote serial ports from within your local Windows device manager.
Designed to function seamlessly with your other serial ports, the Ethernet to Remote Serial converter offers totally transparent operation. Your serial equipment – card scanners, access keypads, bar code scanners, and more – will operate as smoothly as if the serial ports were right inside your computer.
Designed for optimized performance in any operating environment the converter delivers reliable communication with your serial devices, making it a wise choice for industrial automation, security, point of sale, or any project that requires dependable, long-range serial communications.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Add four network-enabled RS-232 Serial port to any Ethernet network
- Allows several users share a serial device
- No need to setup numerous and costly dedicated serial device servers, manage serial devices from a single PC
- Operates seamlessly with built-in serial ports, the remote serial ports appear alongside other serial ports in your Windows device manager
- Works over the Internet!
- Manufacturing (CNC machinery, process control equipment, bar code scanners, serial printers)
- Security (UPS control, access key panels, video cameras, card readers)
- Environmental Control (lighting, temperature, clocks)
- POS (credit/debit card readers, receipt printers, bar code scanners, cash registers, scales)
- Hospital (monitoring equipment, nurses' stations)
- Hotel Front Desk (serial printers, bar code scanners, keyboard, mouse, receipt printer, credit/debit card reader)
- Hospitality/Restaurant (credit card/debit card reader, serial printers)
|ASI Distribution USA||87407|
|D and H||NETRS232_4|
|Ingram Micro USA||D00043|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - RJ-45 Female|
|Connector Type(s)||4 - DB-9 (9 pin; D-Sub) Male|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||115.2 Kbps|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 8 (32/64bit), 7 (32/64), XP(32), 2000 |
Windows® Server 2008 R2, 2003(32)
|Cable Length||6 in [152.4 mm]|
|Product Length||5.1 in [130 mm]|
|Product Width||3.7 in [95 mm]|
|Product Height||1.7 in [44 mm]|
|Product Weight||16.7 oz [472 g]|
|Output Current||200 mA|
|Power Adapter Included||Yes|
|Output Voltage||12 DC|
|Center Tip Polarity||Positive|
|Operating Temperature||0° to 70° C|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||All modes other than Driver Mode operate independently of the operating system|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||1.8 lb [0.8 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 4 Port Serial over IP Converter|
|Included in Package||1 - DB9 Breakout Cable|
|Included in Package||1 - Power Adapter|
|Included in Package||1 - Instruction Manual|
Certifications, Reports and Compatibility
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.
360° View Gallery