Serial DB9 RS232 Extender over Cat 5 - Up to 3300 ft (1000 meters)
Product ID: RS232EXTC1
Extend an RS232 serial connection up to 1000 meters (3300 feet) using Cat 5 cabling
Extend RS232 up to 1000m / 3300ft
Data transfer rates of up to 230Kbps
Compatible with all RS232 communications
114 | Canada:
We will transfer stock to fulfill your order at no extra cost. If the quantity shown for our US warehouse isn’t enough to fulfill your order, we will transfer the required stock from our Canadian warehouse.
Same Day Shipping +on in-stock items from USA if ordered by 5pm ET*
The RS232EXTC1 Serial over Cat 5 Extender allows you to increase the distance of your RS232 Serial connection by up to 1000 meters (3300 feet), giving you the ability to connect serial peripheral devices up to a kilometer away from your system - an incredible 65x greater than normal RS232 serial cable length restrictions would permit.
The Extender is a cost-effective serial extension solution and completely hardware-based, eliminating the need to install additional software, allowing for a completely plug and play installation. The hardware can be setup in minutes, using existing or new Cat 5 or better Ethernet cabling.
Perfect for use in industrial monitoring and control, POS, security, medical, and traffic flow applications, the RS232 Serial over Cat 5 extender maintains the RS232 standard with support for data transfer rates of up to 230 Kbps.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Provides you with flexibility when choosing the location of your serial peripherals by dramatically increasing the maximum RS232 serial cable length
- Pure hardware design, no software or drivers required ensuring a simple plug and play installation
- Enables use of separate control rooms away from harsh environmental conditions where serial devices may be located
- Industrial applications include controlling CNC machinery, polling bar code scanner data, administering process control equipment, weigh stations, and other manufacturing applications
- Monitor and control medical equipment, security keypads/card scanners, point of sale equipment and remote sensor data, and various other healthcare related serial communications
- Extend connectivity to Point of Sale card swipe devices, bar code scanners, scales, receipt printers or cash register displays
- Remotely poll data from access keypads, card scanners, camera installations or home security systems
- Remote sensor monitoring for traffic flow management (air traffic control, expressway flow)
|ASI Distribution USA||3208347|
|Ingram Micro USA||GV9498|
|Cabling||Cat 5 UTP|
|Local Unit Connectors||1 - DB-9 (9 pin; D-Sub) Female|
|1 - RJ-45 Female|
|Remote Unit Connectors||1 - DB-9 (9 pin; D-Sub) Male|
|1 - RJ-45 Female|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||115.2Kbps|
|Max Distance||1000 m / 3300 ft|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||Cat5 RJ45 cabling required|
|Product Length||3.6 in [92 mm]|
|Product Width||1.3 in [34 mm]|
|Product Height||0.9 in [22 mm]|
|Product Weight||2.3 oz [65 g]|
|Power Adapter Included||Two|
|Input Voltage||115 AC|
|Output Voltage||9 DC|
|Center Tip Polarity||Positive|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 70°C (32°F to 158°F)|
|Storage Temperature||0°C to 85°C (32°F to 185°F)|
|Humidity||0% to 95%|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||1000|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - RS232 Extender Local Unit|
|1 - RS232 Extender Remote Unit|
|1 - 20cm Null Modem cable (DB-9 Male to Male)|
|2 - Power Adapter|
|1 - User Manual|
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the RS232EXTC1. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.