USB Wireless Network Adapter
Product ID: USB555WG
High data transfer rate - up to 54 Mbits/sec
Complies with IEEE802.1g 2.4GHz (DSSS) standard, backwards compatible with 802.11b
Enhanced WPA Encryption, AES & 256-bit WEP Encryption for high level of security
May be in stock with Resellers/Distributors
This 802.11g Wireless USB LAN adapter can be installed in any available USB port for access to an 802.11g Wireless LAN or peer-to-peer Ad Hoc connections with other 802.11g wireless adapters.
The USB Wireless LAN adapter features enhanced 64/128-bit WEP and WPA data encryption for added security, as well as an auto-fallback feature that dynamically adjusts transfer rates according to signal strength, ensuring reliable transmissions at up to 54 Mbps.
The USB 802.11g adapter is compact and lightweight and is plug and play ready for any laptop or desktop USB port.
This product is backed by StarTech.com’s lifetime warranty and FREE lifetime tech support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Compact design and light weight construction - plugs right into your USB port
- 5 times faster than Wireless-B adapter
- Suitable for any USB capable Notebook or Desktop PC
- Quick setup and easy configuration
View full OS compatibility
Windows 98SE/ ME/ 2000/ XP (32/64-bit)/ Server 2008 R2/ Vista (32/64-bit)/ 7 (32/64-bit)/ 8 (32/64-bit) Mac OS 10.3, 10.4, 10.5 Linux
- Extend networks into boardrooms, meeting rooms and other hard-to-reach locations
- Compact design is perfect for notebook users
- Ideal for home user, SOHO, enterprises and training facilities
- Wireless USB adapter allows you to share peripherals connected to your computer such as printer, modem and other USB devices
|Chipset ID||Ralink - RT73|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - USB A (4 pin) Male|
|1 - Wireless G (IEEE 802.11g)|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||54 Mbps|
|Antenna||Internal - Built-in|
|Compliant Standards||IEEE 802.11g and USB v2.0|
|Host Interface Type||USB A|
|LED Indicators||Link & Activity|
|Media Access Control||CSMA/CA|
|Modulation||CCK@11/5.5Mbps, QPSK@2Mbps & BPSK@1Mbps|
|Network Architecture||Ad-Hoc and Infrastructure mode|
|Radio Technology||Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS)|
|Security||WPA, AES & 256-bit WEP Encryption|
|Storage Temperature||-25C ~ 65C|
|OS Compatibility||Windows 98SE/ ME/ 2000/ XP (32/64-bit)/ Server 2008 R2/ Vista (32/64-bit)/ 7 (32/64-bit)/ 8 (32/64-bit) Mac OS 10.3, 10.4, 10.5 Linux|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.3 lb [0.2 kg]|
Extend the distance between your USB 2.0 devices by 6ft
Reliably extend the distance of a USB 2.0 device an additional 16ft
Extend a USB port from the back of your computer to your desktop
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the USB555WG. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.