Reseller — Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply to StarTech.com Registered Resellers only. Updated June 29, 2009.
For end user customers, please see End User Terms and Conditions.
Freight Charges and Free Freight Limit
- 'Free Freight'* on orders over $500.00 if shipped standard ground freight in Continental North America only (StarTech.com reserves the right to choose carrier). *Note: some exceptions do apply, see 'Free Freight Exceptions' below.
- All orders under $500.00 will incur shipping charges.
- The Minimum shipping fee is $10 for all shipments not eligible for 'Free Freight'.
Free Freight Exceptions
- Some shipments may be charged freight on an exception basis.
- Exceptions could include but are not limited to: product type, heavy weight (orders weighing over 150 lbs/68kg) or oversized shipments, destination (geographical location) and special handling requirements.
- All "Exceptions" are billed at actual cost.
- All expedited freight services are billed at actual cost.
- Second delivery attempts billed at actual cost (second delivery attempt defined as the carrier having to attend the customer site a second time, having been turned away the first time).
Same Day Shipping
- Orders received before 5 PM Eastern Time (ET) will ship same day provided that product requested is in stock at the time the order is submitted.
- All products and services are subject to availability without guarantee.
- UPS is our primary shipping partner. As such, if an alternate shipping carrier is required, the shipment may not meet same day shipping requirements. Please contact our Customer Advisory Team for more information on the shipping cut-off times for alternate carriers prior to placing your order at email@example.com or 1-800-265-1844.
- Shipping deadlines for expedited services are scheduled earlier in the day, and as such orders placed after those deadlines will not be shipped out same day. If an expedited shipping option is required (i.e. Next Day Air or 2nd Day Air) please contact the Customer Advisory Team for more information prior to placing your order at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-265-1844.
Fulfillment Fee (Drop shipment fee)
- No additional fulfilment fee for orders shipped directly to end users .
- $50 charge per refused shipment unless the refusal is based on a StarTech.com error or damaged shipment.
- StarTech.com may not accept liability for shipments claimed as shortage where customer/end-user has not signed for number of cartons received (signing for number of skids or pallets is not acceptable).
- Shipments signed as subject to carton count after delivery are also unacceptable.
- Shipping discrepancies, including short shipment requests, are required to be submitted within 30 days of receipt, for investigation. Shipping discrepancies submitted over 30 days will be investigated at the discretion of StarTech.com.
- In case of external (visible) carton damage, customers should refuse the damaged carton(s) and clearly note the refusal on the carrier delivery receipt.
- StarTech.com's customer service should be notified within 48 hours of the refusal.
- Claims for external (visible carton damage) may not be honoured when not refused by the customer/end-user at time of receipt.
- All claims for concealed product damage or shortage must be reported to StarTech.com's customer service within 48 hours of receipt.
- Claims made after 48 hours from receipt date may not be honoured.
- Customer/end-use should make the product and packaging available for carrier inspection if requested.
Validity of RMAs
- RMA numbers are valid for 30 days from issuance. StarTech.com reserves the right to authorize product returns beyond 30 days from the issuance date, where applicable.
- Credit on account will be issued toward future purchases only. No cash refunds will be issued.
- Stock Rotation is honored to a maximum of 90 days from the invoice date, and only if the product is in re-sellable condition.
- All credits from RMA's expire one year after the issue date.
- RMA's will not be processed for overdue accounts.
- For any return on product that was shipped outside of the country it was purchased in, the customer is responsible for all return shipping and duties costs.
Valuation of Returns
- Lesser of purchase price or current price at time product is received by StarTech.com.
- A 25% restocking fee may apply.
- Shipping and handling fees will not be refunded or credited upon return of the product.
Freight Charges for DOA, StarTech.com Errors or Concealed Damage (All other Return Types)
- StarTech.com will only accept collect returns shipped using an approved shipper.
- Ground shipping label issued by StarTech.com customer service.
- A Late Fee of 1.5% will be calculated and charged monthly for invoices that are 10 days beyond payment terms.
- Returned cheques (NSF) will be charged a $25 handling charge.
Website Pricing and Specifications
- Prices, and details, of products and services (and any offers) posted online are subject to change without notice. All products and services are subject to availability and we give no guarantee in this regard. Because of the changing nature of the computer market, and because of the technical differences in the equipment of our customers, product descriptions and specifications may not reflect current technical information, and we are not responsible for photographic differences in product size, shape and color.
Web Orders and Availability
- StarTech.com orders generate an automatic confirmation e-mail. The receipt of this confirmation means that we have received your order, but does not constitute an offer to sell. Our pricing, product description or specifications are subject to change after any confirmation e-mail, but prior to shipment, due to errors, changing market conditions, product discontinuation or unavailability, typographical errors, or any other reason. We reserve the right to limit the quantity of any item sold, or prohibit a sale altogether.
- You will be notified of any corrections or changes to your order, and we will not complete the order until we have your approval. Published prices do not include shipping and sales tax.
- Volume pricing discounts are determined on a case by case basis based on a number of factors.
- Please use our Volume Pricing request form located on each product page to submit your request.
- We will contact you with pricing information or follow-up questions once your submission has been received.
- StarTech.com accepts the following forms of payment:
- Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Card)*
- Electronic funds transfer (EFT)
- Net 30 day terms on approved credit**
- * Discover Card accepted from US customers only.
- ** Credit terms will be granted to qualifying customers. Please complete this credit application [PDF] or contact our Customer Service Department for further information.
Product Warranty Policy
For product warranty information, please see our StarTech.com Warranty Policy page.
Use of Trademarks, Registered Trademarks, and other Protected Names and Symbols
- This website may make reference to trademarks, registered trademarks, and other protected names and/or symbols of third-party companies not related in any way to StarTech.com. Where they occur these references are for illustrative purposes only and do not represent an endorsement of a product or service by StarTech.com, or an endorsement of the product(s) to which this website applies by the third-party company in question. Regardless of any direct acknowledgement elsewhere in the body of this document, StarTech.com hereby acknowledges that all trademarks, registered trademarks, service marks, and other protected names and/or symbols contained in this website and related documents are the property of their respective holders.
- HDMI, the HDMI Logo, and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United States and other countries.
- Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance.
Note: All values are stated in their local currency.