StarTech University offers computer enthusiasts and IT professionals a chance to learn more about new technologies and innovations in the IT world. Take some time to review the material, then pass the exam to earn your printable certificate for each course.
Course 4: Specialized Cables
Chapter 1: Introduction
The term "cable" refers to a physical apparatus that is used to carry an electrical or communication signal from one device to another; although this basic function is identical among all cables, cables are often defined based on several other characteristics that distinguish them from one another.
- The main function of the cable (e.g. "video cable, audio cable, KVM Cable)
- The conductive material used inside the cable to carry the signal (e.g. copper, aluminum etc.)
- The type of jacket material used to bundle the internal wire(s) that are used to carry the necessary signal
- The type of insulation used within the cable
- The manner in which the conductive material is arranged within the jacket.
Types of Cables StarTech.com Offers:
USB Cables & Adapters
Network Cables & Adapters
Computer Power Cables - Internal
FireWire 400 Cables
Computer Power Cables - External
DB9 Cables & DB25 Cables
HDMI® Cables & HDMI Adapters
IDE Cables & Adapters
USB 3.0 Cables
DisplayPort® Cables & Adapter Cables