Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Active Video and Audio Adapter Converter - Mini DP to HDMI - 1920x1200
Connect an HDMI® Display to a Mini DisplayPort® Video Source
Supports display resolutions up to 1920x1200
Works with video cards that aren't capable of outputting DP++ (multi-mode) signals
Compliant with DisplayPort 1.1a specifications
The MDP2HDS Adapter converts Mini DisplayPort to HDMI® with audio pass-through support, enabling you to connect a desktop or laptop computer that is equipped with Mini DisplayPort A/V output to an HDMI® monitor, projector, or display.
Unlike a passive adapter, the MDP2HDS actively converts single mode and dual mode DisplayPort output, which is ideal for graphics cards that do not output dual mode/multi-mode (DP++) signals, such as ATI™ Eyefinity cards.
The Mini DP to HDMI® adapter is compatible with Intel® Thunderbolt™, when connected directly to a supporting DisplayPort over Thunderbolt™ I/O port.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Supports both Multimode (DP++) and Single-mode DisplayPort output signals, through active Mini DisplayPort® conversion
Common Customer Questions
- Ideal for digital entertainment centers, home offices, business conference rooms and trade show displays
- Adapt from graphics cards that are not capable of outputting DP++ signals such as AMD EyeFinity Cards.
- Keep your existing HDMI® monitor to be used with your new Mini DisplayPort® device
- Use your HDMI® monitor as a secondary display
|ASI Distribution USA||131613|
|D and H||MDP2HDS|
|Ingram Micro USA||PZ0753|
|Audio Specifications||5.1 Surround Sound|
|Maximum Digital Resolutions||1920x1200|
|Wide Screen Supported||Yes|
|Connector A||1 - Mini-DisplayPort (20 pin) Male|
|Connector B||1 - HDMI (19 pin) Female|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 60°C (32°F to 140°F)|
|Storage Temperature||0°C to 70°C (32°F to 158°F)|
|Product Height||0.6 in [15 mm]|
|Product Length||8.3 in [210 mm]|
|Product Weight||1.1 oz [29.8 g]|
|Product Width||1.8 in [45 mm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||1.3 oz [38 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Mini-DisplayPort® to HDMI® Active Adapter|
Connect a DVI display to a Mini DisplayPort-equipped PC or MAC®
Connect a DVI display to a Mini DisplayPort® equipped PC or MAC®
Connect a DVI monitor to a single-mode DisplayPort output from your computer
Connect an HDMI® enabled display to a Mini DisplayPort® equipped PC or MAC
Connect your VGA monitor to a Mini DisplayPort equipped computer
Connect an HDMI® display to a Mini-DisplayPort® source with audio
Connect an HDMI® monitor to a DisplayPort® Video Source
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the MDP2HDS. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
Average Customer Ratings
|Quality of Product|
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy:
- Does this device also convert in the opposite direction?
- What is the difference between a passive and active DisplayPort converter?
- Does this device require me to install drivers, or perform any other setup tasks?
- Everything is hooked up but nothing is working. What should I do?
- The monitor is not getting a signal and there is no error on the monitor. What do I do?
- The monitor is not getting a signal and the monitor says “Out of Range.” What do I do?
- Why is my DisplayPort converter not passing audio?
Drivers & Downloads
- Country of Origin (COO)
- Letter of Conformity (LOC)
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE)
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.
Startech.com - Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Active Video and Audio Adapter Converter - Mini DP to HDMI - 1920x1200