August 27, 2019
New docking stations offer a truly universal solution with USB-C and USB-A compatibility, flexible monitor connections, and industry wide laptop compatibility
Lockbourne, OH - August 27, 2019 - StarTech.com has introduced the most flexible docking stations on the market, giving new meaning to the term “universal docking.” The new USB-C Docking Stations with USB-A Laptop Compatibility: DK30C2DPPD (60W power delivery) and coming soon the DK30C2DPEP (100W power delivery), offer a complete and capable docking solution for not only the latest laptops, but also older device models with legacy hardware. They provide businesses with a single solution to suit the diverse needs of their employees. Whether a USB-C or USB-A laptop, Mac or Windows operating system, or a DisplayPort or HDMI monitor, these new universal docking stations support the compatibility users need in a frustration-free solution.
The USB-C Docking Stations with USB-A Laptop Compatibility (DK30C2DPPD and DK30C2DPEP) offer the ultimate docking solution for mixed environments where laptop brands and connectivity options may vary. Complete with a 2-in-1 combo cable that allows users to choose the USB-C or USB-A functionality, these docking stations help bridge the gap between legacy and the latest technology and are perfect for organizations slowly transitioning to USB-C. USB-C users can now experience the full power and capabilities of Type-C from the same docking station their USB-A counterparts use. Both Mac and Windows users can also utilize these docking stations at their workstations as they offer compatibility across operating systems and laptop brands.
For offices with diverse display demands and monitor options, the docking stations enable multiple video combinations including dual 4K HDMI, dual 4K DisplayPort, a combination of the two, or a single 5K output. The flexible video options help companies create a workstation custom to the needs of their employee and laptop, whether that means UHD resolutions, or specific video port availability. The USB-C Docking Stations with USB-A Laptop Compatibility have also been awarded with top industry certifications from USB-IF, VESA DisplayPort and DisplayLink to guarantee optimal compatibility, reliability and quality.
These universal docking stations provide a comprehensive solution for shared workstations and CYOD (choose your own device) environments where employee technology and device demands vary. Large companies and businesses can now invest in a single docking station to standardize across an organization while still meeting the needs of all employees.
"We’re focusing on developing docking solutions that simplify the technology decision-making process for businesses and, in particular, IT professionals.” Says Nirav Gandhi, Vice President of Product Development at StarTech.com. “These docking stations are some of the only docks on the market with USB-IF, VESA DisplayPort and DisplayLink certifications. We wanted to design and develop a solution that provides users with dependable quality and broad compatibility options to help organizations standardize on a single dock. The new USB-C Docking Stations with USB-A Laptop Compatibility are future-proof investments for organizations going through the technology transition.”
Key Features of the USB-C Docking Station with USB-A Laptop Compatibility (DK30C2DPPD and DK30C2DPEP):
- Support for dual UHD 4K resolutions via dual 4K DisplayPort up to 4096 x 2160p @ 60Hz, dual 4K HDMI up to 4096 x 2160p @ 60Hz, or 1x 4K DP + 1x 4K HDMI display @ 60Hz
- Includes 1m USB combo cable (USB-C with attached USB-A adapter) for easy set-up and a more convenient position and connection of dock to laptop.
- USB-C dock is fully USB-IF certified to meet top industry standards for USB 3.1 Gen 1, USB Type-C and Power Delivery, and VESA DisplayPort and DisplayLink certified to ensure optimal video connections
- Multiple USB ports for connecting different devices - 3x USB-A and 1x USB-C.
- Convenient fast-charging ports for both USB-C and USB-A mobile devices and smartphones.
- Mac, Windows® & Chrome OS™ compatible
- Compatible with USB-C DP Alt Mode devices
- Mounting holes for optional use with docking station mounts SSPMSUDWM and SSPMSVESA, ideal for use in space-constrained workstations (bracket not included)
- Security lock slot for greater protection of office laptop
- Power your laptop with 60W Power Delivery 3.0 (DK30C2DPPD) or 100W Power Delivery (DK30C2DPEP) using a USB-C power adapter
- Gigabit ethernet (RJ45) port supporting PXE Boot and Wake in LAN (WoL)
The new USB-C Docking Station with USB-A Laptop Compatibility will be available at CDW, Amazon.com, Newegg.com, PC Connection, and Insight and will be distributed by Ingram Micro, SYNNEX, Tech Data, D&H and ASI.