How do I reset my device to the default factory settings?
The VS421HDPIP can be reset back to factory defaults in two ways – through the web interface and through a Telnet command. To reset the device using the web interface, complete the following:
- Make sure that the VS421HDPIP is on the same network as your computer.
- In an Internet browser, enter the IP address of the unit. The default IP address is 192.168.5.155.
Note: This is the default IP address of the VS421HDPIP. If this has been modified, the new IP address will have to be used.
- Under Save/Factory, click Factory Default.
To reset the device using Telnet, complete the following:
- Open a Telnet session with the device.
Note: For more information on performing this, refer to the following FAQ: [vs421hdpip-connect-with-telnet].
- Enter the command DEFAULT.
- Press Enter.