USB-C Multiport Adapter - SD (UHS-II) Card Reader - 100W Power Delivery - 4K HDMI - GbE - 1x USB 3.0
Add more connectivity to your USB-C laptop, with HDMI, an ultra high-speed SD 4.0 card reader, Gigabit Ethernet and a USB 3.0 port, plus power and charge as you work
Product ID: DKT3CHSD4GPD
- Expand the connectivity of your MacBook Pro, Chromebook™, Dell XPS, or other USB-C enabled laptop
- Power both the multiport adapter and your laptop with up to 100W Power Delivery, using your laptop’s USB-C based power adapter (supports USB PD 2.0)
- Supports 4K Ultra HD HDMI (4096 x 2160p or 3840 x 2160p), one USB 3.0 port, a Gigabit Ethernet port and an SD card reader
Expand the connectivity of your Thunderbolt™ 3/USB-C™ port enabled laptop. Compatible with Mac and Windows, this universal USB-C multiport adapter lets you turn your laptop into a powerful workstation, anywhere you go. The USB-C adapter provides a 4K Ultra HD HDMI® video output, an ultra high-speed SD™ 4.0 card reader (with UHS-II support), a USB 3.0 Type-A port and one Gigabit Ethernet port, through your laptop’s USB-C port.
The adapter provides up to 100W charging power with USB Power Delivery 2.0, so you can power the adapter and your laptop at the same time using a USB Type-C™ power adapter.
Connect a 4K Ultra HD monitor
The USB-C multiport adapter offers a 4K Ultra HD HDMI port (with audio), so you can easily connect a high-resolution monitor (4096 x 2160p @ 24Hz or 3840 x 2160p @ 30Hz).
Fast SD card access
The USB-C multiport adapter features a memory card slot, providing fast read and write access for SD and microSD™ (with adapter) memory cards through USB 3.0. The card reader offers SD 4.0 and UHS-II support, allowing high-speed file transfers at up to 312MB/s. It’s ideal for transferring photos or videos from your SD cards to your USB-C enabled laptop or tablet.
The ports you need most
The Gigabit Ethernet port on the multiport adapter ensures reliable wired network access. Plus, an additional USB 3.0 port (USB Type-A) lets you connect a peripheral device like your mouse or flash drive.
The DKT3CHSD4GPD is backed by a StarTech.com 3-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Connect your MacBook, Ultrabook™, or Chromebook™ to wired Gigabit internet, in locations where Wi-Fi® isn't available
- Integrate the compact adapter into small workspaces in offices and home offices
- Connect your laptop to a projector and enjoy multimedia content at home, or display engaging presentations in boardrooms and classrooms
- Use an HDMI port-equipped television in a hotel room as an external display when traveling
- Transfer photos, videos or other files from your SD cards to your USB-C enabled tablet, laptop or other device
|Chipset ID||VIA/VLI - VL813
VIA/VLI - VL101
PS176 (HDMI 2.0)
|Industry Standards||IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3ab
USB 3.0 - Backward compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1
|Compatible Networks||10/100/1000 Mbps|
|Full Duplex Support||Yes|
|General Specifications||Supports SD 4.0 and UHS-II (Ultra High Speed) for high speed file transfers, with bus speed up to 312MB/s|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||5 Gbps (USB 3.0)
2 Gbps (Ethernet; Full-Duplex)
|Maximum Digital Resolutions||4096 x 2160p @ 24Hz or 3840 x 2160p (HDMI) @ 30Hz
Lower resolutions are also supported. For example, if the max is 3840 x 2160p (4K), it also supports 2560 x 1600p and 2560 x 1440p.
|Memory Media Type||SD/MMC (Secure Digital/Multimedia Card)|
|SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity)|
|SDXC (Secure Digital eXtended Capacity)|
|microSD (Micro Secure Digital) (adapter required)|
|microSDHC (Micro Secure Digital High Capacity) (adapter required)|
|microSDXC (Micro Secure Digital eXtended Capacity) (adapter required)|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - USB Type-C (24 pin) USB 3.0 (5Gbps) Male|
|1 - HDMI (19 pin) Female|
|1 - RJ-45 Female|
|1 - USB Type-A (9 pin) USB 3.0 Female|
|1 - SD / MMC Slot Female|
|1 - USB-C (24 pin) USB Power Delivery only Female|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 7, 8, 8.1, 10
Mac OS® 10.11 to 10.14
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||Not all USB-C ports support the full functionality of the USB Type-C standard. Ensure that your host USB-C port supports USB Power Delivery 2.0 and DP alt mode.|
|The adapter can connect to a host laptop’s USB-C port that doesn’t support USB Power Delivery 2.0. However, in this configuration if a power adapter is connected to the multifunction adapter, it will not pass power through to your host laptop.|
|A 4K-capable display is required to achieve 3840 x 2160p resolution (4K is also known as 4K x 2K)|
|USB 3.0 is also known as USB 3.1 Gen 1; this connectivity standard offers speeds up to 5Gbps.|
|Your laptop might have specific charging requirements. For example, if your laptop requires exactly 60W of power and an adapter consumes some of the 60W, your laptop might not recognize that it is getting enough power. For more information about Power Delivery, refer to the manufacturer of your hardware.|
|System and Cable Requirements||A host laptop with an available USB-C port (to ensure full adapter functionality, the host USB-C port must support USB Power Delivery 2.0 and DP alt mode)|
|Optional: USB-C power adapter (for example, your laptop’s USB-C based power adapter)|
|Operating Temperature||5⁰C to 35⁰C (41°F to 95°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 50°C (-4°F to 122°F)|
|Cable Length||150 mm [5.9 in]|
|Color||Silver & White|
|Enclosure Type||Aluminum and Plastic|
|Product Height||18 mm [0.7 in]|
|Product Length||110 mm [4.3 in]|
|Product Weight||92 g [3.2 oz]|
|Product Width||50 mm [2 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||153 g [5.4 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB-C multiport adapter|
|1 - quick-start guide|
Mac OS® 10.11 to 10.14
Frequently Asked Questions
If you disconnect a USB-C power adapter from the multiport adapter while transferring files to or from an attached storage device, it will stop the transfer and may cause file corruption. It is also possible that there will be a loss of function if the power adapter is removed from the adapter while it is in operation. It is important to always follow the disconnection steps listed below.
To discontinue charging the multiport adapter and/or to disconnect an SD card from the device, complete the following:
- Complete all data transfers over USB to and from the SD card.
- Disconnect the adapter from the host laptop.
- Disconnect your laptop’s power adapter from the adapter.
- Disconnect the HDMI connector, eject SD card and disconnect any USB peripherals as required.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.