Gigabit Ethernet over Coaxial Unmanaged Network Extender Kit - 2.4km
Extend an Ethernet network over Coaxial cable up to 1.5 miles (2.4km)
Product ID: EOC1110K
The EOC1110K Gigabit Ethernet over Coaxial Unmanaged LAN Extender Kit (2.4km) includes both end points, and allows you to span a 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet network over extremely long distances (up to 2.4 km/1.5 mi) while still maintaining high-speed network connectivity.
The coax Ethernet extender allows you to run the connection over existing coaxial cable, with little to no modification required, making it a perfect solution for a broad range of applications, including connecting isolated user stations from the same or separate building, or overcoming infrastructure obstacles and distances (e.g. older stone/concrete architecture) where new wiring or wireless connectivity may be impossible.
The gigabit Ethernet over coax kit helps to eliminate expense by allowing CCD or CATV video and Ethernet network data to share the same coaxial cable without interference.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Extend an Ethernet network across an existing closed circuit camera network (over coax) without interrupting the analog TV signal
- Provide high-speed connectivity to a user or network segment that is in an isolated area of a large complex or in another building
- Extend network connectivity to remote areas of stadiums, auditoriums or other venues at extreme distances
- Industrial applications include controlling CNC machinery, polling bar code scanner data, administering process control equipment, and other harsh environment applications
- Monitor and control medical equipment, security keypads/card scanners, point of sale equipment and remote sensor data, and various other healthcare related network communications
- Remote sensor monitoring for traffic flow management (air traffic control, expressway flow)
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Allows network connectivity in remote buildings made of stone/concrete, or heritage buildings where new Ethernet cabling or wireless is impossible
- Integrates seamlessly with existing coaxial infrastructure, without causing interference to the CCD / CATV signals
- Simple plug and play installation for quick setup in your environment
|Industry Standards||HCNA (ITU G.9954 – HPNA 3.1)|
|IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T|
|IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T|
|IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX|
|Max Transfer Distance||2.4 km (1.5 mi)|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||Up to 112Mbps @ 2,952 ft (900 m)
Up to 64Mbps @ 1.5 mi (2.4 km)
Speed/distance will vary depending on type/quality of line used (see manual for detailed chart)
|Transmission Power||0 dBm, 12~44MHz|
|Local Unit Connectors||1 - RJ-45 Female|
|2 - Type F (RF Coax) Female|
|Remote Unit Connectors||1 - RJ-45 Female|
|2 - Type F (RF Coax) Female|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||75Ω (ohm) coaxial RG-59, RG-6, RG-7, or RG-11 cable is required|
|LED Indicators||1 - Coax Link/Activity|
|1 - Coax Sync|
|1 - LAN Link/Activity|
|1 - Power|
|Center Tip Polarity||Positive|
|Input Voltage||100 - 240 AC|
|Output Current||1.6 A|
|Output Voltage||12V DC|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||4|
|Power Source||2 AC Adapters Included|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 70°C (14°F to 158°F)|
|Product Height||2.9 cm [1.1 in]|
|Product Length||77 mm [3 in]|
|Product Width||13.8 cm [5.4 in]|
|Weight of Product||667 g [23.5 oz]|
|Package Height||16.4 cm [6.5 in]|
|Package Length||19.5 cm [7.7 in]|
|Package Width||23.8 cm [9.4 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||1.6 kg [3.5 lb]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Local Unit|
|1 - Remote Unit|
|2 - Universal Power Adapters (NA/EU/UK) or AU in Austrlia|
|1 - User Manual|
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.