2.5in IDE Hard Drive to 3.5in Drive Bay Mounting Kit
Mount a 2.5in IDE hard drive to any computer with an available 3.5in bay
Product ID: BRACKET25
This Drive Bay Mounting Bracket Kit lets you mount a 2.5in hard drive in a 3.5in drive bay, allowing you to maximize the internal space-efficiency of your computer case.
Backed by StarTech.com's 2-year warranty.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- A metal mounting bracket ensures the drive is reliably secure and provides heat dissipation from the drive
- Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support
Ingram Micro Australia
|Product Height||0.4 in [10 mm]|
|Product Length||3.9 in [10 cm]|
|Product Width||3.9 in [98 mm]|
|Weight of Product||2.9 oz [82 g]|
|Package Height||0.6 in [16 mm]|
|Package Length||8.9 in [22.5 cm]|
|Package Width||4.9 in [12.5 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||3.1 oz [87 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 2.5in to 3.5in Mounting Bracket|
|1 - 40-pin to 44-pin IDE Adapter|
|1 - LP4 Power Adapter cable|
|12 - Mounting Screw|
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
Note: For more information on how to detect an IDE hard drive, visit http://www.startech.com/faq/hard_drive_accessories_ide_detection.
Older IDE drives are not supported by current StarTech.com products. Typically, these drives were made earlier than the mid-to-late 1990s and are smaller than 1 Gigabyte in size.
There are a number of reasons that older IDE drives may not be detected, including the following:
The drive uses PIO (Programmed Input/Output) mode and not DMA (Direct Memory Access).
The drive is non-ATA or is using an ATA mode that predates the chipset's compatibility (usually older than ATA-4).
The sector size is not 512 bytes.
Unfortunately there is no workaround in these situations. An older system or an older IDE controller card must be used to access older IDE drives.
Note: If you are using an IDE hard drive 1 Gigabyte in size or smaller, refer to the following FAQ: http://www.startech.com/faq/hard_drive_accessories_minimum_ide_hard_drive_size
If you are unable to detect your IDE (PATA) drive using a StarTech.com product, you may need to change the jumper settings on your drive. The jumpers switch the drive between Master, Slave, and Cable Select for most drives. A jumper is a small plastic piece that slides on top of two pins to electrically short them together.
When it does not mention what IDE drive configuration is required or if there is only one drive in the setup, the drive should be configured as Master. If Master is not working, try using the drive in Cable Select.
There is no standard position for the jumpers on IDE drives. On some drives, the jumper diagram is on the label that is on the top of the drive. On other drives, there are markings on the circuit board for CS, MA, and SL, which means a jumper shorts the pins vertically in that position. For more information, refer to the documentation provided by the manufacturer.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.