How do I set up my KVM switch?
- Turn off all of the computers and monitors that will be connected to the KVM switch.
- Connect the power adapter to the KVM switch.
- Connect the video cables from your monitors to the console video port on the KVM switch.
- Turn on the monitors.
- Connect your keyboard and mouse to the console PS/2 or USB ports on the KVM switch.
- If you have not done so already, change the KVM switch to focus on port 1.
- Connect the video cables from PC1 to the KVM switch.
- Connect the PS/2 or USB cables from PC1 to the PC1 PS/2 or USB ports on the KVM switch.
- Turn on PC1. You should see the computer load the operating system that you are using on PC1.
- Make sure that the mouse and keyboard can control PC1.
- Repeat steps 4 to 8 for each additional computer that you want to connect to the KVM switch. Leave the computer in focus until you make sure that the mouse and keyboard can control the computer in step 8.