Cat5e RJ45 Modular Inline Coupler - 10 Pack
Extend the length on your Cat5e patch cable
Product ID: RJ45COUP10PK
The RJ45COUP10PK 10-pack of RJ45 Inline Couplers offers a cost-effective option when you have multiple short Cat5e Patch Cables and you need to create longer connections between your networking devices.
At a lower cost per unit, these RJ45 couplers extend the length of your existing Ethernet cables - a perfect solution for schools, and other organizations to avoid the cost of additional cables.
The RJ45COUP10PK couplers are backed by StarTech.com's Lifetime warranty.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- A cost-effective solution - couple two Cat 5e RJ45 network cables together and eliminate the need of replacing existing cables
- Guaranteed reliability
Join two Cat5e cables together in order to make a longer cable connection
|Ingram Micro Belgium||2826861|
|Tech Data - Belgium||4428617|
|Number of Conductors||8|
|Connector A||1 - RJ-45 Female|
|Connector B||1 - RJ-45 Female|
|Product Weight||83 g [2.9 oz]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||92 g [3.2 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||10 - Cat5e RJ45 Modular Inline Coupler|
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
Different categories of UTP (Unshielded Twisted Pair) cabling were created for better performance in certain applications. As a general rule, the higher the category number, the higher the noise reduction and lower attenuation, and consequently the higher the bandwidth. For example, CAT6 can handle higher data rates at longer distances than CAT5 can. Newer categories have been added since the original revision to achieve these higher data rates.
The most widely used cable for Ethernet is CAT5e, which is good for most gigabit Ethernet applications. StarTech.com offers CAT5e, CAT6, and CAT6a Ethernet cables.
Any cable type can be used in any application as long as it meets the transfer speeds required for the application.
The following table compares the UTP cable categories:
|Category||Typical Application||Maximum frequency||Maximum length for application|
|CAT5||10/100 Mbps Ethernet||100 Mhz||
100 meters for 100BASE-T
100 meters for 1000BASE-T
|CAT6||Gigabit Ethernet||250 MHz||
100 meters for 1000BASE-T
|CAT6a||10-Gigabit Ethernet||500 MHz||
100 meters for 10GBASE-T
Note: The performance of any UTP cable is dependent on the length used and how the cable is terminated.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.