Dual-Bay SATA HDD Docking Station for 2 x 2.5/3.5" SATA SSDs/HDDs - USB 3.0
Use this SATA hard drive docking station to gain quick access to two of your 2.5" or 3.5" SATA III SSDs/HDDs
Product ID: SDOCK2U33V
- Access two 2.5/3.5” SATA hard drives (HDD) or solid state drives (SSD) simultaneously and hot swap drives in and out
- USB 3.0 with data transfer speeds of up to 5Gbps
- Convenient top-loading design with independent drive doors
This dual-bay SATA HDD/SSD docking station lets you dock and swap drives from your desktop or laptop computer simultaneously, using a single USB port. It supports two 2.5/3.5” SATA hard drives or solid-state drives.
Transfer files quickly
The dual-bay docking station supports USB 3.0, also known as USB 3.1 Gen 1, providing fast data transfer speeds of up to 5Gbps. It also supports UASP, for enhanced performance.
Ideal for IT professionals, such as system administrators and technicians, the hard drive dock enables you to complete device-management tasks more efficiently, such as disk image duplication, data recovery, backing up and archiving hard drives, and transferring content between drives and devices. It also enhances your workflow, by providing quick access to your hard drives, with the ability to easily swap drives in and out as needed.
Easy drive access
Designed for easy drive access, the hard drive dock enhances your workflow, by providing quick access to two hard drives, with the ability to easily swap drives in and out as needed. The hard drive dock features a convenient top-loading design with independent drive doors that make it easy to add or remove drives.
Get up and running quickly
The dual-bay SATA HDD/SSD docking station is OS independent, with no drivers or software installation required, for easy setup.
The SDOCK2U33V is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Ideal for system builders and other IT specialists who need quick access to drives for imaging
Backup data quickly to an external drive for archiving
Transfer data from one hard drive to another
Backup important data and easily take the drive to an offsite location for safekeeping
|Ingram Micro Belgium||3970056|
|Tech Data - Belgium||4672764|
|Bus Type||USB 3.0|
|Chipset ID||ASMedia - ASM1153E|
|Compatible Drive Types||SATA|
|Drive Size||2.5in & 3.5in|
|Number of Drives||2|
|Max Drive Capacity||Currently tested with hard drives up to 10TB at 7200 RPM|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s|
|SATA III (6 Gbps)|
|Drive Connectors||2 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||1 - USB 3.1 USB Type-B (9 pin, Gen 1, 5 Gbps) Female Output|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|LED Indicators||2 - drive activity LED|
|1 - power LED|
|Center Tip Polarity||Positive|
|Input Current||1.5 A|
|Input Voltage||100 ~ 240 AC|
|Output Current||3 A|
|Output Voltage||12 DC|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||36|
|Power Source||AC Adapter Included|
|Operating Temperature||5°C to 35°C (41°F to 95°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 50°C (-4°F to 122°F)|
|Enclosure Type||Aluminum and Plastic|
|Product Height||62 mm [2.4 in]|
|Product Length||114 mm [4.5 in]|
|Product Weight||370 g [13.1 oz]|
|Product Width||130 mm [5.1 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.8 kg [1.7 lb]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - drive docking station|
|1 - 1.2 m USB 3.0 cable|
|1 - universal power adapter (NA/JP, UK, EU, ANZ)|
|1 - quick-start guide|
USB 3.0 SATA III Hard Drive Docking Station SSD / HDD with integrated Fast Charge USB Hub and UASP support for SATA 6 Gbps - Black
Dock your 2.5” or 3.5” SATA SSDs/HDDs and add USB Fast Charge Capacity in a stylish black docking station
Enable fast, swappable access to your 2.5in or 3.5in SATA hard drives, through USB 3.0
USB 3.0 SATA Hard Drive Docking Station SSD / HDD with integrated Fast Charge USB Hub and UASP For SATA 6 Gbps - White
Dock your 2.5” or 3.5” SATA SSDs/HDDs and add USB Fast Charge Capacity in a stylish white docking station
Dock your 2.5in or 3.5in SATA III SSDs/HDDs over USB 3.0 with UASP
Dock two 2.5" or 3.5" SATA III SSDs/HDDs over USB 3.0 with UASP
Dock two of your 2.5” and 3.5” SATA drives over high performance USB 3.1 Gen 2 with UASP
USB 3.1 (10Gbps) Standalone Duplicator Dock for 2.5" & 3.5" SATA SSD/HDD Drives - with Fast-Speed Duplication up to 28GB/min
Duplicate or dock a SATA SSD/HDD with fast performance - works with both USB-C and USB-A enabled devices
Replace your lost or failed power adapter
Connect to your external solutions and transfer data at 10x the speed of USB 2.0
Connect to your external devices and transfer data at 10x the speed of USB 2.0
Use your 2.5in or 3.5in IDE hard drives in a SATA HDD Docking Station
Add one internal and one external SuperSpeed USB 3.0 to your PC
Add 4 external USB 3.0 ports to a low profile or standard computer, through PCI Express
Add two USB 3.0 ports through a Mini PCI Express slot
Provide protection against shocks/impacts to a 2.5in hard drive
Provides safe handling and anti-static protection for most 2.5in hard drives
Provide protection against shocks/impacts to a 3.5in hard drive
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
To determine if your hard drive will work in this device, on the product page, click the Technical Specifications tab, and do the following:
- Make sure that the device supports the storage size of your hard drive. If the storage size of your hard drive is larger than what the device was tested with, the hard drive will likely still work with the enclosure.
- Confirm that your hard drive uses the same interface type as the device. For example, IDE, SATA, or M.2.
- Make sure that the device supports the physical size of your hard drive, such as 2.5 inches or 3.5 inches.
- Verify that the power consumption of your hard drive doesn’t exceed the power output of the device. If you’re using multiple hard drives, make sure that the combined power consumption of all of the hard drives doesn’t exceed the power output of the docking station.
Note: If you are using an IDE hard drive 1 Gigabyte in size or smaller, refer to the following FAQ: http://www.startech.com/faq/hard_drive_accessories_minimum_ide_hard_drive_size
If you are unable to detect your IDE (PATA) drive using a StarTech.com product, you may need to change the jumper settings on your drive. The jumpers switch the drive between Master, Slave, and Cable Select for most drives. A jumper is a small plastic piece that slides on top of two pins to electrically short them together.
When it does not mention what IDE drive configuration is required or if there is only one drive in the setup, the drive should be configured as Master. If Master is not working, try using the drive in Cable Select.
There is no standard position for the jumpers on IDE drives. On some drives, the jumper diagram is on the label that is on the top of the drive. On other drives, there are markings on the circuit board for CS, MA, and SL, which means a jumper shorts the pins vertically in that position. For more information, refer to the documentation provided by the manufacturer.
When you troubleshoot issues with a hard drive dock or duplicator, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
- IDE, SATA, and eSATA cables
- Hard drives
- Hard drive dock or duplicator
To test your setup components, try the following:
- Use the cables, hard drives, and hard drive dock or duplicator in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup.
- Use a different cable, hard drive, and hard drive dock or duplicator in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
When you test the hard drive and hard drive dock or duplicator, it is recommended that you do the following:
Note: For a hard drive duplicator you may need to switch the device to PC mode (if available).
- To check Disk Management, press the Windows key + R, type diskmgmt.msc, and press Enter. Check to see if your hard drive is listed.
- Do one of the following:
- If the hard drive is listed with unallocated space, the hard drive needs to be reformatted. Right-click unallocated and click New Simple Volume. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reformatting.
Note: Formatting a hard drive erases all of the data on it. Make sure that you back up all of your data before you reformat the hard drive.
- If the hard drive is listed as healthy but does not have a drive letter, for example, C:, right-click healthy and click Change Drive Letter and Paths. Click Add, assign a drive letter, and click OK.
Note: A formatted hard drive will not show up in Computer or My Computer until it has a drive letter assigned to it.
This docking station allows the hard drive to enforce its own power state, as opposed to enforcing a power state that keeps the hard drive active at all times. Since most newer hard drives have low-power energy conservation modes, this will cause the hard drive to enter an idle state if it is not used for a certain amount of time.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.