How do I install and use AirFun in Windows Vista / 7 / 8? [Firmware 2.0.0 to 2.0.4]
Note: In firmware 2.0.2, you need to press the Mode button to show the PC, NB, Phone, Tablet, iPhone, or iPad splash screen.
Complete the following steps to install the AirFun software.
- To connect to your device, do any of the following:
- If you are using a wired setup, use an Ethernet cable to connect to your device.
- If you are using a wireless setup, add your device to the network.
- If you are in AP mode, connect your device directly to its own wireless network. See the home screen on the TV, monitor, or projector for instructions.
- To open the web interface, open a web browser and type the IP address on the home screen into the address bar.
Note: You need to be on the same subnet as the WIFI2HDMC, which means that for an IP address similar to WWW.XXX.YYY.ZZZ, WWW, XXX, and YYY must be the same number, and ZZZ must be a different number.
For more information about how to change your IP address, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/support/faqs/technical-support?topic=networking#ip-address-change-windows-mac-os.
- On the home screen of the web interface, click the Download For Windows button.
- Right-click the AirFunInstall setup file, and click Run as Administrator.
Complete the following steps to run the AirFun software.
- Double-click the AirFun software.
- In the Device List, click WIFI2HDMC.
- To add items to playlists, drag and drop media files into the Photo/Music Playback playlist or the Video Playback playlist. Once media files are added to either playlist, the media starts playing immediately.
Note: You cannot use both types of playlists at the same time. To stop using one playlist and switch to another, close the software and reopen it again.
The AirFun software includes a media playback tool with basic features like repeat, previous, next, play or pause, volume control (for the WIFI2HDMC specifically), and a timer that displays how far into the song or video you are and how much is left.