When I connect my Thunderbolt 3 device to my Windows computer, I get pop-up messages. What do I do?
When you connect a Thunderbolt™ device to any Windows operating system that can support Thunderbolt 3, a pop-up message appears. To use your device, complete the following:
- In the New Thunderbolt devices have been attached pop-up message, click OK.
- In the User Account Control pop-up message, click Yes.
- In the Approve Thunderbolt Devices pop-up message, do one of the following:
- If you want to authorize your Thunderbolt devices every time that you connect them, select Connect Only Once in the drop-down list.
- If you want to authorize your Thunderbolt devices only once, select Always Connect in the drop-down list.
- Click OK.
If you accidentally set your Thunderbolt device to Do Not Connect in step three above, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/faq/thunderbolt-3-denied-authentication.