How do I install my capture device in Windows 7 / 8 / 10? (.exe method)
Note: If you have a USB capture device, do not physically connect the device to your computer until you are instructed to (Step 7).
Prior to installing this device, make sure that your operating system is up to date (for example, you have installed the most recent service pack).
To install the driver:
- Download the latest drivers from the StarTech.com website (http://www.startech.com/Support). You can find the part number and product ID on the product’s packaging.
Note: Windows will typically save the files to the Downloads folder that is associated with your user account (for example, C:\Users\your_name\Downloads).
- Once the download is complete, right-click the zip folder that you downloaded, select Extract All, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- In the list of extracted folders, double-click driver.
- Double-click 32 or 64 depending on whether you are using a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system.
- Right-click DPInst.exe and select Run as Administrator.
Note: If the Run as Administrator option is not available, you might be attempting to run the installer from within the zipped file. Please extract the files using the instructions in Step 2.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install the device drivers and restart the computer when prompted.
- After Windows has restarted, connect the capture device to your computer if you have a USB capture device.
- Your computer will automatically complete the driver installation and your device should be ready to use.
Note: Installation may take several seconds to complete. During the installation your display might flicker; this is normal. Once the installation has completed you will see your Windows desktop extended to the additional monitor.