Thunderbolt 3 Dock with USB-C Laptop Compatibility
Dual DP 4K 60Hz | macOS & Windows®| 5x USB 3.0 Ports | 60W PD | 0.7 m Cable
Product ID: TB3CDK2DPUE
- Intelligently adapts to both Thunderbolt™ 3 and USB-C™ (USB 3.1 Gen 1 & 2) enabled laptops
- Easy setup with no drivers to install, including dual displays with no extra adapters required
- Connect dual 4K 60Hz displays to your Thunderbolt 3 laptop, or dual 1080p (2K) or a single 4K 30Hz display to your USB-C laptop
For the first time, there is a plug-and-play Thunderbolt 3 docking station that intelligently adapts to your Thunderbolt 3 or USB-C (USB 3.1 Gen 1 and Gen 2) laptop offering optimal performance and compatibility. This revolutionary technology offers IT professionals the solution they need -- one dock for Mac and Windows laptops that are equipped with a USB Type-C port.
Full 4K Display Functionality
With this dedicated dual DisplayPort Thunderbolt 3 dock, you can turn your TB3 or USB 3.1 (Type-C) laptop into a dual-monitor workstation, including dual 4K60Hz resolution on Thunderbolt 3 laptops.
Thunderbolt 3 Laptops
|Two 4K 60Hz Monitors
(4096 x 2160)
One 4K 30Hz Monitor
(3840 x 2160)
Two 1080p Monitors
(1920 x 1080 | 1920 x 1200)
Please note that host laptops which do not support
Easy to Install and Deploy
Simply connect the dock to your laptop with the included Thunderbolt 3 cable and start working immediately. With easy plug-and-play installation, the dock is ready to go as soon as you connect it, saving you the time and hassle of installing additional drivers or software.
For more installation flexibility, you can use StarTech.com mounting brackets (SSPMSUDWM & SSPMSVESA) that are specifically designed for our docks and hubs, to mount your TB3 dock to a desk, wall, or other surfaces to give you the customized setup you need.
If you require more security, the built-in K-Slot uses a traditional laptop combination cable lock to ensure your dock stays put.
Plenty of Ports
This universal Thunderbolt 3 dock (TB3) features plenty of USB 3.0 ports to accommodate up to five USB peripherals and includes a GbE port and audio support:
- 3 x USB-A Ports (including 1 x Fast-Charge Port)
- 2 x USB-C Ports (including 1 x Fast-Charge Port)
- 1 x Gigabit Ethernet Port
- 1 x 3.5 mm Audio/Mic Port
The USB-C ports and one of the USB-A ports will support up to 10Gbps (USB 3.1 Gen 2) data transfer speeds when the host laptop supports the same.
Power Your Laptop While Charging USB-C & USB-A Devices
Using a single cable, the dock powers and charges your laptop with 60W Power Delivery, using the included 135W power adapter. The USB-A and USB-C Charge ports can charge your smartphone, tablet or other USB peripherals whether you're working or away from your desk, and even if you disconnect your laptop.
Note: Not all USB-C ports support the full functionality of the USB Type-C standard. Ensure that your laptop USB-C port supports DP Alt Mode and USB Power Delivery. If you have any questions around host compatibility and functionality, our Technical Advisors are happy to answer any questions.
The TB3CDK2DPUE is backed by a StarTech.com three-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Content Creators
- Graphic Designers
- AV Production
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Setups
- Free Address Environments
- Home Offices
- Educational Facilities
|Bus Type||Thunderbolt 3|
|Industry Standards||DP 1.2a Version HDCP 1.4 and HDCP 2.2 Compliant|
|K-Lock Slot||Kensington Standard Slot (K-Slot)|
|Supported Charging Outputs||BC 1.2 (1.5A)|
|Type and Rate||Thunderbolt 3 - 40 Gbit/s|
|USB 3.1 Gen 2 - 10 Gbit/s|
|USB 3.1 Gen 1 - 5 Gbit/s|
|USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s|
|OS Compatibility||Windows 10 Windows 8 macOS Mojave (10.14) macOS High Sierra (10.13) macOS Sierra (10.12)|
|Input Voltage||100 - 240 AC|
|Output Voltage||5 DC|
|Humidity||0% to 95% (non-condensing) at 25°C|
|Operating Temperature||-40 to 65°C|
|Storage Temperature||0 to 35°C|
|Cable Length||7 cm [2.8 in]|
|Color||Black & Space Gray|
|Product Height||3 cm [1.2 in]|
|Product Length||80 mm [3.1 in]|
|Product Width||22 cm [8.7 in]|
|Weight of Product||250 g [8.8 oz]|
|Package Height||11 cm [4.3 in]|
|Package Length||16 cm [6.3 in]|
|Package Width||27.2 cm [10.7 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.1 kg [0.3 lb]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Docking Station|
|1 - Universal Power Adapter (UK, EU)|
|1 - Thunderbolt 3 Cable (0.7 m)|
|1 - Quick-Start Guide|
Connect a DVI monitor to a single-mode DisplayPort output from your computer
Connect a DisplayPort-equipped PC to a DVI display, with an active 6ft cable
Eliminate excess cable clutter with a short 3ft DisplayPort to DVI active adapter
DisplayPort to HDMI 4K Audio / Video Converter – DP 1.2 to HDMI Active Adapter for Desktop / Laptop Computers – 4K @ 30 Hz
Connect an HDMI monitor to a DisplayPort video source
Connect a VGA monitor to a DisplayPort-equipped PC
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.