Micro USB to RS232 DB9 Serial Adapter Cable for Android with USB Charging - M/M
Add an RS232 serial port to your Android smartphone or tablet device through Micro USB with USB charging capabilities
Product ID: ICUSBANDR232
- Powers and charges the connected Android device, USB-powered via PC USB port, USB wall charger, or USB mobile battery pack
- OTG (On-The-Go) support not required by the connected mobile device
- Single cable, small footprint design for portability
The micro USB to serial adapter cable for Android™ converts the micro USB port on your Android mobile device into an RS232 DB9 connection, letting you control a serial device from the convenience of your smartphone or tablet.
For more control options, the device server is compatible with the free, StarTech.com Serial Device Application Software (NETRSAPP). When coupled with the ICUSBANDR232, this handy application for Android lets you build a custom serial control interface that’s tailored to your specific application.
Plus, you can keep your Android mobile device charged even when using the adapter to control or configure a serial device. The adapter cable features an integrated USB power cable that connects to a computer USB port, USB wall charger or portable USB battery pack to power the adapter.
Designed for mobility and integration into mixed environments, this portable and lightweight single cable solution is compatible with nearly all Android OS version 3.2 Honeycomb or later devices including the Samsung Galaxy Note®, Galaxy® S5, S4, S3, or S2, Google Nexus 7™, 5, or 4, and Motorola or HTC mobile devices. The versatile adapter will even work with devices that don’t support USB On-The-Go (OTG)!
This Micro USB to serial adapter features an integrated FTDI USB UART Chip supporting baud rates up to 921.6 Kbps, provides serial configuration via a downloadable FTDI AOA (Android Open Accessory) HyperTerm Application, and offers standard CTS/RTS, DTR/DSR flow control.
Download the StarTech.com serial control software from the Apple App Store, the Google Play™ Store, or the Chrome Web Store.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Mobile hobbyists and enthusiasts configuring serial-based projects and applications
- Administrators or mobile repair technicians controlling or configuring serial devices in a server room or office
- Remote locations where a laptop/desktop serial controller is unavailable
- Hospital and medical environments with monitoring equipment, nurses' stations
- POS devices such as credit/debit card readers, receipt printers, bar code scanners, or cash registers
- Control industrial/automotive sensors and equipment from an Android mobile device
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Control an RS-232 device through the convenience of an Android-based smartphone or tablet with no OTG function required
- Simultaneously charge and power your Android device via USB-Power
- Deploy in a variety of environments, with a portable and lightweight single cable solution designed for mobile users
|Bus Type||USB 2.0|
|Chipset ID||FTDI - FT312D|
|Port Style||Cable Adapters|
|Data Bits||7, 8|
|Flow Control||None, CTS/RTS, DTR/DSR|
|Max Baud Rate||921.6 Kbps|
|Parity||None, Odd, Even, Mark, Space|
|Stop Bits||1, 2|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - DB-9 (9 pin, D-Sub) Male|
|1 - USB Type-A (4 pin) USB 2.0 Male|
|1 - USB Micro-B (5 pin) Male|
|OS Compatibility||Android OS Version 3.2 Honeycomb or later|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||Available USB A Female Port for power/charging capabilities (eg: PC USB or USB Wall Charger)|
|FTDI AOA HyperTerm Application for Android™ — To manually find and install the application, open the Google Play Store from your Android device, then search for "FTDI UART.”|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 60°C (32°F to 140°F)|
|Storage Temperature||0°C to 80°C (32°F to 176°F)|
|Cable Length||1 m [3.3 ft]|
|Product Height||1.5 cm [0.6 in]|
|Product Length||1 m [3.3 ft]|
|Product Width||35 mm [1.4 in]|
|Weight of Product||103.1 g [3.6 oz]|
|Package Height||30 mm [1.2 in]|
|Package Length||17 cm [6.7 in]|
|Package Width||14 cm [5.5 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||149.6 g [5.3 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB to RS-232 Serial Adapter Cable for Android™|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.