6 ft Ultra-Thin USB VGA 2-in-1 KVM Cable
Connect VGA video and USB using a single thin KVM cable
Product ID: SVUSBVGA6
- Connectors are color coded to PC99 specifications for easy installation
- Single cable design sends VGA video and USB keyboard and mouse signals to the host PC from the KVM switch
- Video cable is constructed of mini-coax wire for excellent picture clarity
- Allows for file transfer between KVM and PC
The SVUSBVGA6 6-foot 2-in-1 USB KVM cable is specifically designed to work with any of our VGA USB KVM switches, helping to reduce tangles while maintaining excellent connectivity and performance.
To reduce clutter and optimize cable management efficiency, this professional grade USB KVM cable features an ultra-thin design that combines VGA and USB connectors into a single cable, making it ideal for connecting KVM switches inside a cabinet.
This high-performance 2-in-1 cable provides excellent video quality even for applications requiring high resolution performance.
Backed by a StarTech.com lifetime warranty.Works with the following series of StarTech.com KVM Switches:
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Unique 2-in-1 cable design minimizes the number of cables required
- High Quality cable design ensures full USB 2.0 speed and functionality
|Connector A||1 - VGA (15 pin, High Density D-Sub) Male|
|Connector B||1 - USB Type-A (4 pin) USB 2.0 Male|
|1 - VGA (15 pin, High Density D-Sub) Male|
|Cable Length||1.8 m [6 ft]|
|Product Length||1.8 m [6 ft]|
|Weight of Product||189 g [6.7 oz]|
|Package Height||50 mm [2 in]|
|Package Length||29 cm [11.4 in]|
|Package Width||14.5 cm [5.7 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||196 g [6.9 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 6 ft 2-in-1 USB KVM Cable|
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
It can be difficult to tell which ones are right for the KVM switch you are interested in. How can you tell which KVM cables you require? How can you tell if a KVM switch requires proprietary cables? How do these cables work?
Standard KVM Switches and Cables
Note: You will need one bundle of KVM cables per computer you want to connect to the KVM switch.
Standard KVM switches have no special cable requirements. If you have spare video and PS/2 or USB cables, you can use them to hook up the KVM switch to your computers. StarTech.com still sells KVM cable packages, but they are just for the convenience of buying them in bundles and usually involve some savings. Keep in mind that even if you have some of the cables you need, it still might be advantageous to buy the bundle.
KVM Switches with Opposite Gender Video Connections
Some KVM switches use male video connections for the computers and female video connections for the console ports. In this case you simply need a video extension cable, or a KVM cable package appropriate to the KVM switch. This is so you cannot accidentally plug cables from your computer into the console ports.
KVM Switches Requiring Proprietary Cables
KVM switches can also use proprietary KVM cables to connect to the individual computers. This is often done with larger KVM switches and KVM switches intended for a server environment. These cables use a proprietary pinout which does not conform to the video standard in use, as the cable carries both the video and PS/2 or USB data along a single cable.
If you are unsure whether or not you need special cables, complete the following:
- Check the Technical Specifications tab on the individual product pages for What's in the Box. This section lists everything that comes with your purchase, and your KVM switch might come with the cables.
- Check the Accessories tab. This section lists potential accessories for the product you are looking at. StarTech.com will list the appropriate KVM cables for the KVM switch here.
- Check the Gallery and look at a picture of the back of the KVM switch.
Note: If there are no PS/2 or USB ports on the back of the KVM switch other than for the console, you will require proprietary cables.
If at this point you require further assistance in deciding which cables to purchase with your StarTech.com KVM switch, contact our technical support team.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.