Why is my extended display black?
There may be several reasons that the display on the IP video extender is black. To determine the cause of the issue, try the following:
- Make sure that the USB Server software was installed and configured properly, and that the displays are detected. For more information about configuring the USB Server software, refer to the following FAQ: http://www.startech.com/faq/ipusb2vga_ipusb2hd2_usb_server_software.
- Make sure that the USB Server software detects the IP video extender. For more information about troubleshooting issues with the USB Server software, refer to the following FAQ: http://www.startech.com/faq/ipusb2vga_ipusb2hd2_loss_of_network_connection..
- Confirm that the network equipment that you are using is capable of gigabit speeds.
- In the control panel on your computer, make sure that a compatible resolution is being sent to the monitor.
- Make sure that the display is set to the correct input. Some displays have multiple inputs that you can switch between.
- Make sure that the background is not black.