How do I change my IP address in Windows 10?
- Press the Windows key + X.
- Click Network Connections.
- Right-click the connection that you want to change and click Properties.
Note: The IP address for a wired connection is called Local Area Connection or Ethernet. The IP address for a wireless connection is called Wireless Network Connection or Wireless.
- Left-click Internet Protocol Version (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
- Select the Use the following IP address option.
- Enter your desired IP address and click in the Subnet Mask area, which should auto-complete.
- Click OK twice to apply the settings.
Note: If you are changing your IP address to access a specific device, minimize the Network Connections window. Complete the steps above, but in step 7, select Obtain an IP address automatically to access the Internet again.