In the Mac OS, how do I add the printer to my computer from my print server?
In the Mac OS, to add a printer to your computer, you need to create a print server port.
Before you create the print server port in the Mac OS, you need to configure your print server for the network. For more information about how to configure your print server, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/faq/print-servers-pm1115u2-alternate-setup.
To create a print server port, complete the following:
- Click the Apple icon.
- Click System Preferences > Printers & Scanners.
- At the bottom of the list of printers, click +.
- On the Add screen, click IP.
- In the Address field, enter the IP address of the print server.
- In the Protocol drop-down list, click Line Printer Daemon – LPD or LPR.
- To add the name and location of the print server, complete the Name and Location fields.
- In the Use drop-down list, select the driver for the print server.
- Click Add.