6in Slimline SATA to SATA Adapter with Power - F/M
Connect a Slimline SATA optical drive up to 6in away from a standard SATA motherboard connection
Product ID: SLSATAADAP6
The SLSATAADAP6 Slimline SATA to SATA adapter features a Slimline Serial ATA connector on one end and a standard SATA data connector (with SATA power connector) on the other, enabling you to connect a Slimline SATA optical drive to standard motherboard and power supply connections.
The slim SATA adapter offers 6-inches in cable length, which compared to standard (non-cable) SATA/Slimline SATA adapter reduces strain off the drive connector and allows for flexible cable routing when positioning the Slimline SATA drive within the system case.
Designed and constructed to provide a dependable Slimline SATA to SATA connection, this high quality cable is backed by StarTech.com's Lifetime Warranty.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Cost-effective way to connect a Slimline SATA optical drive to a standard SATA motherboard, using standard SATA cables
- The 6-inch cable format reduces strain on, and prevents damage to the Slimline SATA drive connector and provides flexibility to position your Slim SATA drive as needed within your system case
- Backed by StarTech.com lifetime warranty
Connect a Slimline SATA optical drive to a standard SATA motherboard
|ALSO DEUTSCHLAND GMBH||2776381|
|Type and Rate||SATA III (6 Gbps)|
|Connector A||1 - Slimline SATA (13 pin, Data & Power) Receptacle|
|Connector B||1 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Plug|
|Cable Length||152.4 mm [6 in]|
|Product Length||152.4 mm [6 in]|
|Product Weight||14 g [0.5 oz]|
|Wire Gauge||18 AWG|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||19 g [0.7 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 6in Slimline SATA to SATA Adapter with Power - F/M|
Frequently Asked Questions
When you troubleshoot issues with a SATA cable, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
Hard disk drive
Hard drive controller (for example, motherboard)
To test your setup components, try the following:
Use the hard disk drive, hard drive controller, and SATA cable in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup.
Use a different hard disk drive, hard drive controller, and SATA cable in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
When you test the hard disk drive, hard drive controller, and SATA cable, it is recommended that you do the following:
Make sure that the hard drive is spinning without the SATA cable attached. The power cable should make the drive spin if it is a mechanical drive and not a solid state drive.
If your operating system is not detecting the hard disk drive, make sure that the drive is formatted with a partition (for example, NTFS or FAT32). If you are using a computer running a version of Windows, a drive letter must also be assigned to the hard disk drive.
For more information about how to initialize a drive, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/support/faqs/technical-support?topic=hard-drives#initialize-hard-drives.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.