Serial DB9 RS232 Extender over Cat 5 - Up to 3300 ft (1000 meters)
Extend an RS232 serial connection up to 1000 meters (3300 feet) using Cat 5 cabling
Product ID: RS232EXTC1EU
The RS232EXTC1EU Serial over Cat 5 Extender allows you to increase the distance of your RS232 Serial connection by up to 1000 meters (3300 feet), giving you the ability to connect serial peripheral devices up to a kilometer away from your system - an incredible 65x greater than normal RS232 serial cable length restrictions would permit.
The Serial Extender is a cost-effective serial extension solution and entirely hardware-based, eliminating the need to install additional software, allowing for a completely plug and play installation. The hardware can be setup in minutes, using existing or new Cat 5 or better Ethernet cabling.
Perfect for use in industrial monitoring and control, POS, security, medical, and traffic flow applications, the RS232 Serial over Cat 5 extender maintains the RS232 standard with support for data transfer rates of up to 230 Kbps.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Provides you with flexibility when choosing the location of your serial peripherals by dramatically increasing the maximum RS232 serial cable length
- Pure hardware design, no software or drivers required ensuring a simple plug and play installation
- Enables use of separate control rooms away from harsh environmental conditions where serial devices may be located
Industrial applications include controlling CNC machinery, polling bar code scanner data, administering process control equipment, weigh stations, and other manufacturing applications
Monitor and control medical equipment, security keypads/card scanners, point of sale equipment and remote sensor data, and various other healthcare related serial communications
Extend connectivity to Point of Sale card swipe devices, bar code scanners, scales, receipt printers or cash register displays
Remotely poll data from access keypads, card scanners, camera installations or home security systems
Remote sensor monitoring for traffic flow management (air traffic control, expressway flow)
|ALSO DEUTSCHLAND GMBH||2775942|
|Cabling||Cat 5 UTP|
|Max Distance||1 km (0.6 mi)|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||115.2 Kbps|
|Local Unit Connectors||1 - DB-9 (9 pin, D-Sub) Female|
|1 - RJ-45 Female|
|Remote Unit Connectors||1 - DB-9 (9 pin, D-Sub) Male|
|1 - RJ-45 Female|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||Cat5 RJ45 cabling required|
|Center Tip Polarity||Positive|
|Input Voltage||240V AC|
|Output Voltage||9 DC|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||9|
|Power Source||2 AC Adapters Included|
|Humidity||0% to 95%|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 70°C (32°F to 158°F)|
|Storage Temperature||0°C to 85°C (32°F to 185°F)|
|Product Height||22 mm [0.9 in]|
|Product Length||92 mm [3.6 in]|
|Product Weight||65 g [2.3 oz]|
|Product Width||34 mm [1.3 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||1 kg [2.2 lb]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - RS232 Extender Local Unit|
|1 - RS232 Extender Remote Unit|
|1 - 20cm Null Modem cable (DB-9 Male to Male)|
|2 - Power Adapter|
|1 - User Manual|
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.