Portable Wireless N WiFi Travel Router / Access Point / Repeater - USB Powered
Create a wireless hot-spot from a wired network connection to share with any WiFi-enabled device
Product ID: AP150WN1X1U
The AP150WN1X1U Wireless N Travel Router lets you create a portable WiFi hot-spot from a wired network connection to share with all of your wireless devices including tablets, laptops / Ultrabooks™ and smartphones.
Designed for mobility, this USB-powered pocket router can travel with you anywhere, powered using any USB wall charger or USB port on your laptop / tablet.
Support for several operating modes help you create, share or extend a wireless connection while traveling between hotel rooms, conference centers or boardrooms. Easily choose between Access Point, Router and Repeater / WISP (Wireless Internet Service Provider) modes using the switch on the side of the router and directly configure using any wireless device with a web browser.
Support for Wireless N data rates (backward compatible with 802.11b/g) gives you the speed you need to get your work done faster, with WPA2 authentication to keep your connection secure.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Connect all of your wireless devices through a single wired connection, with a portable travel WiFi router
- Take the router with you anywhere with a pocket-sized, USB-powered design
- Set up your wireless connection quickly through the easy-to-use web interface
Create a wireless access point for tablets, laptops and smartphones in a hotel room with only wired connections available
Share one paid wireless connection with multiple devices using Repeater (WISP) mode
Add a wireless hotspot in a boardroom or conference center to share with your co-workers
Extend the coverage area or increase the signal strength in “dead spots” of an existing Wireless-N signal
|Antenna Configuration||1x1:1 (TxR:S)|
|Industry Standards||IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u|
|Compatible Networks||10/100 Mbps|
|Frequency Range||2.4 ~ 2.4835 GHz|
|Max Distance||10 m / 33 ft|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||150 Mbps|
|Modulation||DBPSK, DQPSK, CCK, OFDM, 16-QAM, 64-QAM|
|Security Features||WEP Data Encryption|
|WPA and WPA2-PSK Data Encryption|
|WPA and WPA2 Enterprise Data Encryption|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - Wireless N (IEEE 802.11n)|
|External Ports||1 - RJ-45 Female|
|1 - USB Mini-B (5 pin) Female|
|OS Compatibility||OS Independent; No software / drivers required|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||USB wall charger or available USB port|
|Wired network connection|
|LED Indicators||1 - Power|
|1 - WLAN|
|1 - WiFi|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-40°C to 70°C (-40°F to 158°F)|
|Product Height||13 mm [0.5 in]|
|Product Length||82 mm [3.2 in]|
|Product Weight||68 g [2.4 oz]|
|Product Width||28 mm [1.1 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||112 g [4 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Travel Router|
|1 - USB Cable|
|1 - RJ45 Cable|
|1 - Carrying Pouch|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Make Power-over-Ethernet-capable Gigabit network connections
Add High Speed Wireless N Connectivity to a Desktop or Laptop Computer through USB
Frequently Asked Questions
This device's default static IP address is 192.168.16.254.
To perform a factory reset, hold down the reset button for 8 seconds.
- Make sure that the AP150WN1X1U is on the same network as your computer.
- In an Internet browser, enter the IP address of the unit. The default IP address is 192.168.16.1.
- In the user name field, enter the user name. The default user name is admin.
- In the password field, enter the password. The default password is admin.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.