HDMI® to Composite Converter with Audio
Convert an HDMI® signal with supporting audio to work with legacy composite video televisions and displays
Product ID: HD2VID
The HD2VID HDMI® to Composite Video Converter (with Audio) converts a digital HDMI video source (with supporting audio) to work with analog Composite video televisions and displays in both NTSC and PAL systems.
The HDMI to Composite converter provides features that ensure the highest quality output image, such as noise reduction, frame rate conversion and adaptive contrast enhancement, while an easy to use On-Screen Display(OSD) allows you to monitor your display status. Support for a wide range of HDTV and PC input resolutions make this versatile HDMI converter a perfect solution for using newer devices with existing legacy displays.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- The ability to convert HDMI® input to be used with legacy televisions adds flexibility and saves the cost of upgrading hardware
- Compact form factor and simple plug-and-play installation for fast, easy integration into your A/V environment
- Support for multiple HDTV and PC input resolutions, providing compatibility with almost any source device
|Active or Passive Adapter||Active|
|AV Output||Audio RCA|
|Industry Standards||Standard HDMI, DVI 1.0|
|Audio Specifications||Input - LPCM 2Ch, 48kHz
Output - Stereo L/R
TV - 720p, 576p, 480p @ 60Hz
PC - 1280x800, 1280x768, 1224x768, 800x600, 640x480 @ 60Hz
|Connector A||1 - HDMI (19 pin) Female Input|
|Connector B||1 - Composite Video (1 x RCA) Female Output|
|1 - Stereo Audio (2 x RCA) Female Output|
|Center Tip Polarity||Positive|
|Input Current||0.3 A|
|Input Voltage||110V-240V AC|
|Output Voltage||5 DC|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||3|
|Power Source||AC Adapter Included|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F)|
|Product Height||26 mm [1 in]|
|Product Length||100 mm [3.9 in]|
|Product Weight||81 g [2.9 oz]|
|Product Width||64 mm [2.5 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||321 g [11.3 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - HDMI® to Composite Converter|
|1 - Universal Power Adapter (NA/UK/EU/AU)|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Convert and scale a composite or S-Video signal to work with a VGA monitor
Connect a PC with VGA output to a composite or S-Video TV
Connect HDMI® enabled devices to a VGA monitor with stereo audio separation
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
Unfortunately no, this device has an intended source and an intended destination. Refer to the title of the webpage for this order.
This is an active video signal converter.
A passive video signal converter changes the type of connection that is being used but does not change the signal that passes through the converter. Because the video signal is not modified, passive converters tend to be smaller, simpler, and less expensive than active video signal converters. Examples of passive converters include DVI-I to VGA, HDMI to DVI, and DisplayPort to Mini-DisplayPort converters.
An active video signal converter modifies both the type of connection that is being used and the signal that passes through the converter. Because this type of conversion can be complex, active converters tend to be larger than passive video signal converters and sometimes require additional power. Examples of active converters include DVI-D to VGA, HDMI to DisplayPort, and VGA to HDMI converters.
For more information about passive and active DisplayPort video signal converters, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/faq/DisplayPort_Converter_DP_Multi_Mode.
For more information about which type of video signal converter you should use when you convert video signals with an MST hub, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/faq/mst_hubs_passive_vs_active_adapters.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.