USB 3.0 to VGA Video Adapter - On-board Driver Installation - 1920x1200
Add a secondary VGA display to your USB 3.0 enabled PC, and install the drivers without a CD or Internet connection
Product ID: USB32VGAV
- Hassle-free setup while you're on the go, with drivers that install automatically without an Internet connection or software disc
- Increase productivity by connecting an additional display using a USB port
- Exceptional external performance with support for video resolutions up to 1920x1200
This USB 3.0 to VGA video adapter works as an external video card, enabling the USB port on your computer to output video to a VGA display at 1920 x 1200 resolution. The adapter also features on-board driver installation, which means the adapter will work when you connect it, even without a software disc or Internet connection.
Save time and hassle with on-board driver installation
For the ultimate in hassle-free installation, this USB video adapter features on-board drivers which prompts for installation as soon as you connect the adapter to your Ultrabook™ or laptop computer. This means you can maximize portability by never requiring an installation disc or Internet connection to install the device.
Increase your productivity by connecting an additional display
Adding a second or third display to your computer can vastly increase your productivity by giving the freedom to access more applications at the same time. This video adapter is intended to support all of your business applications including web browsing, e-mail. spreadsheets and presentations. You can also leave your system video card available for more demanding applications such as gaming or CAD design, while you use the USB monitor for reference material.
USB 3.0 performance for business applications
Using the high-bandwidth USB 3.0 interface, this adapter enables smoother scrolling through documents, higher refresh rates and an overall enhanced performance over USB 2.0. The adapter is optimized for use with USB 3.0, but for added compatibility this adapter is also backward compatible with USB 2.0 computer systems supporting an 800 x 600 resolution at 60Hz.
The USB32VGAV is backed by a 2-year StarTech.com warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Simplify installation while you're on the go, with on-board memory enabling you to install the adapter without a CD-ROM drive or Internet connection
- Increase productivity by connecting an additional display to your Ultrabook or laptop workstation
Install an external video card on a device that does not have a CD-ROM or Internet connection
Increase productivity by running multiple applications on different displays; check your email on one display while editing a document on the other
Add a secondary VGA display to your desktop without taking apart your computer to install a new video card
View large or multiple spreadsheets across multiple displays
|AV Input||USB 3.0|
|Chipset ID||Fresco - FL2000DX|
|Industry Standards||SuperSpeed USB 3.0, USB 2.0|
|Memory||512MB DDR II|
|Recommended System Requirements||
Core 2.4GHz or higher processor (i5 recommended)
4GB of RAM
|General Specifications||This USB video adapter uses a Fresco family chipset. If you’re connecting this device to a computer along with additional USB video adapters or docking stations, please avoid using devices with a DisplayLink or Trigger family chipset.|
|Maximum Analog Resolutions||USB 3.0: 1920x1200
USB 2.0: 800x600
|Supported Resolutions||Widescreen(16/32 bit):
1920x1200, 1920x1080, 1680x1050, 1600x900, 1440x900, 1360x768, 1280x800, 1280x768, 1280x720
1600x1200, 1400x1050, 1280x1024, 1280x960, 1152x864, 1024x768, 800x600
|Wide Screen Supported||Yes|
|Connector A||1 - USB Type-A (9 pin) USB 3.0 Male Input|
|Connector B||1 - VGA (15 pin, High Density D-Sub) Female Output|
|Microsoft WHQL Certified||Yes|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||Not intended for gaming|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 70°C (32°F to 158°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 55°C (14°F to 131°F)|
|Cable Length||139.7 mm [5.5 in]|
|Product Height||12 mm [0.5 in]|
|Product Length||195 mm [7.7 in]|
|Product Weight||9.3 g [0.3 oz]|
|Product Width||25 mm [1 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||92 g [3.2 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB 3.0 to VGA adapter|
|1 - Quick install guide|
Connect a VGA-equipped display through USB 3.0, while keeping the USB 3.0 port available
Connect a VGA display through this slim USB 3.0 Adapter for a multi-monitor solution ideal for your Ultrabook® or Laptop
Add a Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port and VGA output to your port-limited laptop, through USB 3.0
Create a mobile workstation using your Ultrabook™ or laptop USB 3.0 port via this portable USB 3.0 mini dock
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
You may have heard of USB video adapters, and have been wondering what they are, and whether or not they will work in your setup.
USB video adapters are devices that take one USB port and go to one or many video connections, such as VGA, DVI, HDMI or DisplayPort. This is useful if you would like to add an additional display to your computer setup, but are out of video connections on your computer.
USB video adapters allow you to mirror or duplicate your display, so the same windows are shown on all of your displays, or extend your desktop, so that you can have different windows on each display.
So what do you need to know before you purchase a USB video adapter?
- USB video adapters require the computer to have a free USB port.
- Check which video connections your display has, and select the appropriate USB video adapter.
- Ensure that the USB video adapter is compatible with your operating system.
- USB video adapters require your video card to be able to handle an additional display. This is because USB video adapters work with your onboard or dedicated video card to drive additional displays. For this reason you are advised to confirm this with your video card manufacturer.
- Consider what you will be doing on the additional display. If you are looking to perform less graphically intensive activities like using Microsoft Office, email, or basic web surfing, you can use any USB video adapter. If you are looking to perform more graphically intensive activities like high end photo or video editing, you want a USB video adapter with dedicated memory.
There are a few other important things to note:
- When using multiple USB video adapters on the same computer, they need to use the same chipset family. For example, MCT/Trigger, DisplayLink or Fresco. Note: How many adapters you can use depends on the SKU.
- You may not be able to use a USB video adapter with an All-In-One computer. These computers are almost always hardwired to only accept a single display.
- You may not be able to use a USB video adapter with a touchscreen computer or display. A mixture of touchscreen and non-touchscreen devices can conflict with the video card.
- You should not use a USB video adapter to play video games. They are not designed for use with video games, and their performance with them is poor at best.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.