2.5in IDE Hard Drive to 3.5in Drive Bay Mounting Kit
Mount a 2.5in IDE hard drive to any computer with an available 3.5in bay
Product ID: BRACKET25
This Drive Bay Mounting Bracket Kit lets you mount a 2.5in hard drive in a 3.5in drive bay, allowing you to maximize the internal space-efficiency of your computer case.
Backed by StarTech.com's 2-year warranty.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- A metal mounting bracket ensures the drive is reliably secure and provides heat dissipation from the drive
- Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support
Install a 2.5" IDE hard drive into an unused 3.5" bay in a desktop chassis
Turn an unused 2.5" IDE drive into additional storage for a desktop computer
|Product Height||10 mm [0.4 in]|
|Product Length||100 mm [3.9 in]|
|Product Weight||82 g [2.9 oz]|
|Product Width||98 mm [3.9 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||87 g [3.1 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 2.5in to 3.5in Mounting Bracket|
|1 - 40-pin to 44-pin IDE Adapter|
|1 - LP4 Power Adapter cable|
|12 - Mounting Screw|
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
Note: For more information on how to detect an IDE hard drive, visit http://www.startech.com/faq/hard_drive_accessories_ide_detection.
Older IDE drives are not supported by current StarTech.com products. Typically, these drives were made earlier than the mid-to-late 1990s and are smaller than 1 Gigabyte in size.
There are a number of reasons that older IDE drives may not be detected, including the following:
The drive uses PIO (Programmed Input/Output) mode and not DMA (Direct Memory Access).
The drive is non-ATA or is using an ATA mode that predates the chipset's compatibility (usually older than ATA-4).
The sector size is not 512 bytes.
Unfortunately there is no workaround in these situations. An older system or an older IDE controller card must be used to access older IDE drives.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.