USB 3.1 (10Gbps) Dual-Bay Dock for 2.5/3.5 SATA SSD/HDDs
Dock two of your 2.5” and 3.5” SATA drives over high performance USB 3.1 Gen 2 with UASP
Product ID: SDOCK2U313
Get unprecedented performance and storage capacity with this USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10 Gbps) dual-drive docking station. It supports both 2.5” and 3.5” form factor solid-state and hard drives, with a high capacity storage capability of 12TB (6TB per drive).
Harness the speed of USB 3.1 Gen 2
USB 3.1 Gen 2 gives you greater bandwidth and speed with file transfer rates of up to 10 Gbps - twice the speed of USB 3.0 (USB 3.1 Gen 1) technology. It lets you leverage the high performance of the latest SSDs and hard drives, while alleviating bottlenecks in your data transfers.
Top-loading design for easy drive access
It’s never been easier to dock and swap drives from your desktop computer or laptop. Simply insert your drives into the top loading slot, with no tools or trays required. The HDD ejection button allows fast and simple drive removal.
The dual-drive docking station comes with a USB Type-A to B cable, providing backward compatibility with your existing USB 3.0, 2.0 and 1.x devices. It also supports UASP for enhanced performance.
Extend the value of this hard drive docking station further with the addition of our SATA to IDE Hard Drive Adapter (SAT2IDEADP), allowing easy insertion of any 2.5” or 3.5” IDE hard drive into a SATA hard drive dock.
The SDOCK2U313 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Perfect for system builders and IT professionals who need quick access to drives for imaging
Back up data quickly to an external drive for archiving
Transfer data from one hard drive to another
Convenient for technicians who test or benchmark multiple hard drives
Easily take backup data to an offsite location for safekeeping
|Bus Type||USB 3.1 Gen 2|
|Chipset ID||ASMedia - ASM1352R|
|Compatible Drive Types||SATA|
|Drive Size||2.5in & 3.5in|
|Interface||USB 3.1 Gen 2|
|Number of 2.5 inch bays||2|
|Number of Drives||2|
|Number of internal 3.5 inch bays||2|
|Max Drive Capacity||Currently tested with hard drives up to 6TB at 7200 RPM|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||10 Gbps|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.1 Gen 2 - 10 Gbit/s|
|SATA III (6 Gbps)|
|Drive Connectors||2 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||1 - USB 3.1 USB Type-B (9 pin, Gen 2, 10 Gbps) Female|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|LED Indicators||1 - Power|
|2 - HDD Activity|
|Center Tip Polarity||Positive|
|Input Voltage||100 ~ 240 AC|
|Output Current||3000 mA|
|Output Voltage||12 DC|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||36|
|Power Source||AC Adapter Included|
|Humidity||20% ~ 80% RH|
|Operating Temperature||5°C to 35°C (35°F to 95°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 50°C (-4°F to 122°F)|
|Product Height||70 mm [2.8 in]|
|Product Length||132 mm [5.2 in]|
|Product Weight||502 g [17.7 oz]|
|Product Width||148 mm [5.8 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||980 g [34.6 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB 3.1 Dual-drive HDD Dock|
|1 - USB 3.0 A to B cable - 41 inches|
|1 - Universal Power Adapter - 49.5 inches (cable)|
|4 - Power Adapter Plugs (NA/EU/UK/AUS)|
|1 - Quick Install Guide|
Dock your 2.5" or 3.5" SATA drive over high performance USB 3.1 with UASP
The high-speed, high-capacity data storage solution you’ve been waiting for – with USB 3.1 Gen 2
Get ready for ultra-fast USB 3.1 Gen 2 data storage using your 2.5” SSD or HDD
Get the faster speed of USB 3.1 Gen 2 in a lightweight and portable storage solution
USB 3.0 SATA III Hard Drive Docking Station SSD / HDD with integrated Fast Charge USB Hub and UASP support for SATA 6 Gbps - Black
Dock your 2.5” or 3.5” SATA SSDs/HDDs and add USB Fast Charge Capacity in a stylish black docking station
Connect a 2.5" SATA SSD/HDD to your computer using this USB 3.1 Gen 2 ultra-portable cable
USB 3.0 Dual SATA Hard Drive Docking Station with integrated Fast Charge USB Hub UASP support and Fan - White
Dock up to two 2.5” or 3.5” SATA SSDs/HDDs in a stylish white docking station with an integrated 2-port USB 3.0 hub
Enable fast, swappable access to your 2.5in or 3.5in SATA hard drives, through USB 3.0
USB 3.0 SATA Hard Drive Docking Station SSD / HDD with integrated Fast Charge USB Hub and UASP For SATA 6 Gbps - White
Dock your 2.5” or 3.5” SATA SSDs/HDDs and add USB Fast Charge Capacity in a stylish white docking station
Dock your 2.5in or 3.5in SATA III SSDs/HDDs over USB 3.0 with UASP
eSATA / USB 3.0 Hard Drive Duplicator Dock – Standalone HDD Cloner with SATA 6Gbps for fast-speed duplication
Clone a 2.5in/3.5in SATA drive without a host computer connection, or dock the drives over USB 3.0 or eSATA for easy access
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
To determine if your hard drive will work in this device, on the product page, click the Technical Specifications tab, and do the following:
- Make sure that the device supports the storage size of your hard drive. If the storage size of your hard drive is larger than what the device was tested with, the hard drive will likely still work with the enclosure.
- Confirm that your hard drive uses the same interface type as the device. For example, IDE, SATA, or M.2.
- Make sure that the device supports the physical size of your hard drive, such as 2.5 inches or 3.5 inches.
- Verify that the power consumption of your hard drive doesn’t exceed the power output of the device. If you’re using multiple hard drives, make sure that the combined power consumption of all of the hard drives doesn’t exceed the power output of the docking station.
USB 3.1 is the most recent version of the USB (Universal Serial Bus) standard for connecting computers and electronic devices. It is capable of data transfer speeds up to 10Gbps, and while it can use the USB-C connector type, it can also use a variety of other connector types. To achieve USB 3.1 transfer speeds, your USB host connection, cables, and device must all support USB 3.1. USB 3.1 is also known as USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps).
USB 3.0 is capable of data transfer speeds up to 5Gbps. USB 3.0 is also known as USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5Gbps).
USB 3.1 is backwards compatible with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0, except in the following scenarios:
- USB-B 3.1 cables are not compatible with USB-B 2.0 ports.
- Unless you use an adapter, USB-C ports or cables will not work with USB-A or USB-B ports or cables.
- Devices that require USB 3.1 transfer speeds of 10Gbps might not work with USB 3.0 or USB 2.0, or you might experience lower transfer speeds and impacted performance.
- Bus-powered USB devices that requires more power than what USB 2.0 can provide are not compatible with USB 2.0.
To transfer data at speeds of 10Gbps, you need to confirm that the following components in your setup support USB 3.1:
- The USB host connection
- The USB cable
- The USB device and any subcomponents (for example, a hard drive docking station and the hard drives in the docking station)
Note: USB 3.1 is also known as USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps). Devices that support USB 3.1 should have the USB 3.1 symbol on them. If the USB 3.1 symbol does not appear on your USB source or device, refer to the information provided by the manufacturer to confirm whether the USB source or device support USB 3.1.
The included USB cable for this USB 3.1 Gen 2 device has been tested and verified to perform at USB 3.1 Gen 2 speeds of 10Gbps.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.