USB 3.0 SATA III Hard Drive Docking Station SSD / HDD with integrated Fast Charge USB Hub and UASP support for SATA 6 Gbps - Black
Dock your 2.5” or 3.5” SATA SSDs/HDDs and add USB Fast Charge Capacity in a stylish black docking station
Product ID: SDOCKU33HB
The SDOCKU33HB USB 3.0 hard drive dock with Fast Charge USB hub lets you easily connect and swap 2.5in or 3.5in SATA III hard drives (HDD) and solid state drives (SSD) through an available USB port. The enclosure supports UASP and delivers optimal performance with a USB 3.0 connection, but is also backward compatible with USB 2.0/1.1 host connections.
The Hard Drive Dock features a built-in 3-port USB 3.0 Hub that enables you to connect up to 3 additional USB 3.0 devices to your computer through the same USB connection. One of the ports on the hub also has Fast Charging capabilities, that charges iPad’s and other mobile devices as effectively as through a wall plug. This Fast Charge Port has been specially designed for compatibility with a wide range of tablets and smartphones.
Enhanced with UASP, the dock supports up to 70% faster performance than conventional USB 3.0 when paired with a UASP-enabled host controller. Using a more efficient protocol than the traditional USB BOT (Bulk-Only Transport), UASP reduces latency, significantly increasing transfer speeds to utilize the full potential of your SATA III hard drives. See our UASP testing results below for further details.
With support for SATA I/II/III, large capacity drives (tested up to 4TB), and 2.5in or 3.5in hard drives this HDD/SSD docking station is compatible with virtually any SATA hard drive, and greatly increases the storage/backup capabilities of your computer. Plus, configurable power management reduces energy consumption, and extends the life of your drives by avoiding unnecessary access.
Extend the value of this hard drive docking station further with the addition of our SATA to IDE Hard Drive Adapter (SAT2IDEADP), allowing easy insertion of any 2.5 or 3.5in. IDE hard drive into a SATA hard drive dock.
To ensure compatibility with your computer system, the SDOCKU33HB supports all of the leading operating systems, including: Microsoft Windows® (8/7/Vista/XP/Server 2008/Server 2003), Apple® OSX (10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6), Linux, and Google Chrome OS™.
The SDOCKU33HB is backed by a 2-year StarTech.com warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Improved Performance with UASP
UASP is supported in Windows 8, Mac OSX (10.8 or above), and Linux. In testing UASP performs with a 70% faster read speed and 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.
At the same peak in testing UASP also shows an 80% reduction in required processor resources.
Testing results were obtained using an Intel® Ivy Bridge system, a UASP enabled StarTech.com Enclosure, and a SATA III solid state drive.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Charge your iPad and other mobile device faster than standard USB 3.0, with Fast Charge Port specially designed for compatibility with a wide range of tablets and smartphones
- Save time, with file transfers up to 70% faster than traditional USB 3.0 when used with a UASP-supported host
- Hassle-free access to drive data, with hot swappable top slot-loading dock design that supports both 2.5in and 3.5in HDD/SSDs
Data recovery specialists who need quick access to drives to recover/retrieve data
Technicians who regularly test or benchmark different hard drives and need to swap between them
Backup data quickly to an external data archiving
IT professional that need to charge tablets and Smart phone devices
System administrators who need quick access to drives for imaging
|Chipset ID||VIA/VLI - VL812
ASMedia - ASM1053 - 6G
|Compatible Drive Types||SATA|
|Drive Size||2.5in & 3.5in|
|Number of Drives||1|
|Max Drive Capacity||Currently tested with up to 4TB 7200 RPM 3.5" hard drives and 1TB 7200 RPM 2.5" hard drives|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s|
|SATA III (6 Gbps)|
|Drive Connectors||1 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||1 - USB Type-B (9 pin) USB 3.0 Female|
|Other Interface(s)||1 - USB 3.0 A (Fast-Charge, 9 pin, SuperSpeed) Female|
|2 - USB Type-A (9 pin) USB 3.0 Female|
|Microsoft WHQL Certified||Yes|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||Note: Certain devices may not support charging and syncing simultaneously. In these instances disconnect the device, and set the charge only switch to “on”, then reconnect the device.|
|LED Indicators||1 - Power/Activity|
|Center Tip Polarity||Positive|
|Input Voltage||100 ~ 240 AC|
|Output Voltage||12 DC|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||36|
|Power Source||AC Adapter Included|
|Humidity||20%RH ~ 80%RH|
|Operating Temperature||5°C to 35°C (41°F to 95°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 50°C (-4°F to 122°F)|
|Enclosure Type||Aluminum and Plastic|
|Product Height||55 mm [2.2 in]|
|Product Length||130 mm [5.1 in]|
|Product Weight||866.1 g [30.6 oz]|
|Product Width||72 mm [2.8 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||962.7 g [34 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - HDD Dock|
|1 - USB 3.0 Cable (1m)|
|1 - Universal power adapter: comes ready for NA/EU/UK only when you buy in NA/EU/UK; comes ready for Australia and New Zealand only when you buy in Australia and New Zealand|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
USB 3.0 SATA Hard Drive Docking Station SSD / HDD with integrated Fast Charge USB Hub and UASP For SATA 6 Gbps - White
Dock your 2.5” or 3.5” SATA SSDs/HDDs and add USB Fast Charge Capacity in a stylish white docking station
Add 4 external USB 3.0 ports to a low profile or standard computer, through PCI Express
Add two USB 3.0 ports through a Mini PCI Express slot
Enable fast, swappable access to your 2.5in or 3.5in SATA hard drives, through USB 3.0
Replace your lost or failed power adapter
Connect to your external devices and transfer data at 10x the speed of USB 2.0
Connect to your external solutions and transfer data at 10x the speed of USB 2.0
Use your 2.5in or 3.5in IDE hard drives in a SATA HDD Docking Station
Add one internal and one external SuperSpeed USB 3.0 to your PC
Provides safe handling and anti-static protection for most 2.5in hard drives
Provide protection against shocks/impacts to a 2.5in hard drive
Provide protection against shocks/impacts to a 3.5in hard drive
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
To determine if your hard drive will work in this device, on the product page, click the Technical Specifications tab, and do the following:
- Make sure that the device supports the storage size of your hard drive. If the storage size of your hard drive is larger than what the device was tested with, the hard drive will likely still work with the enclosure.
- Confirm that your hard drive uses the same interface type as the device. For example, IDE, SATA, or M.2.
- Make sure that the device supports the physical size of your hard drive, such as 2.5 inches or 3.5 inches.
- Verify that the power consumption of your hard drive doesn’t exceed the power output of the device. If you’re using multiple hard drives, make sure that the combined power consumption of all of the hard drives doesn’t exceed the power output of the docking station.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.