USB to PS/2 Keyboard and Mouse Converter Adapter
Add an external PS/2 keyboard and mouse port from an internal USB header
Product ID: USBPS2PLATE
This USB to PS/2 Adapter connects to an internal (motherboard) USB port, letting you connect two PS/2 devices such as a keyboard and mouse, to your low profile or standard profile desktop PC.
The adapter provides a practical, cost-effective way to bridge your legacy PS/2 devices with a modern computer, by allowing you to use PS/2 devices on a computer that lacks built-on PS/2 ports.
Plus, unlike most native PS/2 connections, the USB to PS/2 adapter interfaces with the host computer through the USB bus - so PS/2 devices can be hot plugged or swapped without having to reboot the system.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Bridges the gap between legacy-free computers and older PS/2 mice and keyboards
- Connect PS/2 devices to USB enabled laptop or desktop systems
- Includes Standard and Low Profile Brackets for use on any desktop PC with expansion slots.
Ingram Micro España
|Industry Standards||USB 1.1|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - IDC (5 pin, Motherboard Header) Female|
|1 - USB Type-A (4 pin) USB 2.0 Female|
|2 - PS/2 (6 pin, Mini-DIN) Female|
|OS Compatibility||Any Windows operating system with a USB interface|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||For USB boot-up support, the USB connector must be plugged in to a built-in type A or header connector on the motherboard|
|System and Cable Requirements||1 x Free USB port|
|Product Length||435 mm [17.1 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.1 kg [0.2 lb]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB to PS2 Adapter Plate|
|1 - Internal 4-pin Cable|
|1 - Low Profile Bracket|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.