PCI Express 6 pin to 8 pin Power Adapter Cable
Connect a standard 6-pin PCI Express power connection on the Power Supply to 8-pin ATI and NVidia video cards
Product ID: PCIEX68ADAP
The PCIEX68ADAP PCI Express 6 pin to 8 pin power adapter cable lets you connect a standard 6-pin PCI Express power connection provided by the computer power supply to ATI and NVidia video cards that require an 8 pin power connection.
A cost-effective solution, the PCIe 6 pin to 8 pin power adapter eliminates the expense of upgrading a computer power supply for the sake of compatibility with a newer video card.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- An economic solution that saves you from upgrading your power supply
- Guaranteed reliability
Ingram Micro Belgium
Ingram Micro España
Ingram Micro Italy
Ingram Micro Netherlands
ALSO DEUTSCHLAND GMBH
CMS Distribution Ireland
Ingram Micro France
Ingram Micro Sweden
Tech Data - Belgium
Tech Data - France
Tech Data - Italy
Tech Data - Netherlands
|Connector A||1 - PCI Express Power (6 pin, v 1.x) Female|
|Connector B||1 - PCI Express Power (8 pin, v 2.x) Male|
|Product Length||155 mm [6.1 in]|
|Weight of Product||14 g [0.5 oz]|
|Package Height||17 mm [0.7 in]|
|Package Length||22.5 cm [8.9 in]|
|Package Width||12.5 cm [4.9 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||19 g [0.7 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||PCI Express 6 pin to 8 pin Power Adapter Cable|
Frequently Asked Questions
When you troubleshoot issues with an internal power cable, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
To test your setup components, try the following:
Use the power supply, computer part, and power cable in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup.
Use a different power supply, computer part, and power cable in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
When you test your cable, it is recommended that you do the following:
Make sure that the cable is firmly inserted into both ends.
The polarity (usually indicated by the color of the cables) matches.
No pins are bent or missing on the power supply cable or header, or the computer part.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.