36in Slimline SATA to SATA with LP4 Power Cable Adapter
Connect a slimline SATA drive to a standard SATA motherboard connector.
Product ID: SLSATAF36
The SLSATAF36 Slimline SATA to SATA with LP4 Power Cable (36-inch) features a SATA data receptacle and a Molex (LP4) power connection on one end, and a Slimline Serial ATA receptacle on the other - allowing you to connect a slim SATA drive to a computer motherboard that does not have a Slimline connection available.
Supporting full SATA 3.0 bandwidth of up to 6Gbps when used with SATA 3.0 compliant drives, this innovative adapter cable provides you with the connections needed to simplify the migration to Slimline SATA-equipped drives.
Constructed of only top quality materials and designed for optimum performance and reliability the SLSATAF36 is backed by our lifetime warranty.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Cost-effective solution for connecting a Slimline SATA drive to a SATA equipped computer motherboard
- Features a thin cable design, which helps reduce clutter and increase airflow within the computer/server case, for optimum system performance
- Backed by StarTech.com lifetime warranty, ensuring a dependable connection
Add a Slimline optical drive to a desktop PC
|Ingram Micro Belgium||1610228|
|Ingram Micro España||V931027|
|Ingram Micro Italy||V931027|
|Ingram Micro Netherlands||1610228|
|Ingram Micro France||V931027|
|Ingram Micro Sweden||V931027|
|Tech Data - France||4783172|
|Tech Data - Italy||4783172|
|Cable Jacket Type||PVC - Polyvinyl Chloride|
|Type and Rate||SATA III (6 Gbps)|
|Connector A||1 - Slimline SATA (13 pin, Data & Power) Receptacle|
|Connector B||1 - LP4 (4 pin; Molex-type Large Drive Power) Male|
|1 - SATA (7 pin, Data) Receptacle|
|Cable Length||914.4 mm [36 in]|
|Product Height||915 mm [36 in]|
|Product Length||914.4 mm [36 in]|
|Product Weight||32 g [1.1 oz]|
|Product Width||7.8 mm [0.3 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||37 g [1.3 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 36in Slim SATA to SATA & LP4 cable|
Frequently Asked Questions
When you troubleshoot issues with a SATA cable, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
Hard disk drive
Hard drive controller (for example, motherboard)
To test your setup components, try the following:
Use the hard disk drive, hard drive controller, and SATA cable in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup.
Use a different hard disk drive, hard drive controller, and SATA cable in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
When you test the hard disk drive, hard drive controller, and SATA cable, it is recommended that you do the following:
Make sure that the hard drive is spinning without the SATA cable attached. The power cable should make the drive spin if it is a mechanical drive and not a solid state drive.
If your operating system is not detecting the hard disk drive, make sure that the drive is formatted with a partition (for example, NTFS or FAT32). If you are using a computer running a version of Windows, a drive letter must also be assigned to the hard disk drive.
For more information about how to initialize a drive, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/support/faqs/technical-support?topic=hard-drives#initialize-hard-drives.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.