February 28, 2018
StarTech.com supports many types of PCIe add-in cards to laptops and PCs with a Thunderbolt™ 3 port.
Lockbourne, OH - February 27, 2018 - StarTech.com has announced the release of a new Thunderbolt 3 PCIe Expansion Chassis with DisplayPort (SKU: TB31PCIEX16) -- a unique turnkey solution for those looking to extend their laptop expansion options. The chassis enables users to add their choice of external PCI Express (PCIe) card to their MacBook or Windows® laptop, and features a dedicated port for connecting a DisplayPort monitor. For additional scalability, the chassis also supports Thunderbolt 3 daisy chaining.
The expansion chassis is available for purchase individually, or bundled with one of a variety of StarTech.com PCIe cards, providing an opportunity for resellers to offer high-performance connectivity solutions to customers who have requirements beyond the port limitations of their laptop. The bundles available include 10 Gigabit networking, USB 3.1, FireWire, and m.2 SSD connections.
The Thunderbolt 3 expansion chassis supports business and creative professionals’ use of many external add-on peripherals and storage media. Also, by adding this expansion chassis, users won’t lose their investment in previously purchased PCIe cards and the devices connected to them when upgrading to a Thunderbolt 3 laptop.
"StarTech.com continues to provide add-on products, like the expansion chassis, that further the scope and performance of Thunderbolt 3 technology in today’s laptops. This product extends the life of legacy peripheral devices and facilitates the application of new add-on peripheral products," said Carey Cline, Senior Product Manager, StarTech.com.
Technical features of the new Thunderbolt 3 expansion chassis include:
- External chassis with support for many types of PCIe expansion cards, such as a PCIe USB 3.1/3.0/2.0 and USB-C, SSD, network, eSATA, FireWire or video capture cards
- Supports one 4K DisplayPort monitor, and a second extended monitor display through the Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C™) port
- Daisy chain up to six Thunderbolt 3 devices
- Durable aluminum construction with internal cooling fan
Pre-bundled Thunderbolt 3 PCIe Expansion Chassis + PCIe card solutions available:
- Thunderbolt 3 to Quad-Port SFP+ Server Network card (SKU: BNDTB410GSFP)
- Thunderbolt 3 to 2-Port 10G Fiber Network Card with Open SFP+ (SKU: BNDTB210GSFP)
- Thunderbolt 3 to 2-Port 10GBase-T / NBase-T Ethernet Network Card (SKU: BNDTB310GNDP)
- Thunderbolt 3 to 1-Port 10G Ethernet Network Card (SKU: BNDTB10GI)
- Thunderbolt 3 to 4-Port USB 3.1 (10Gbps) Card with Two Dedicated Channels (SKU: BNDTBUSB3142)
- Thunderbolt 3 to 3-Port 2x1394b/1x1394a FireWire Card (SKU: BNDTB1394B3)
- Thunderbolt 3 to M.2 PCIe SSD Adapter Card (SKU: BNDTB4M2E1)
The new Thunderbolt 3 expansion chassis is available at CDW, Amazon.com, Newegg.com, PC Connection, and Insight and will be distributed by Ingram Micro, SYNNEX, Tech Data, D&H and ASI. The pre-bundled solutions will be available soon.
Thunderbolt and the Thunderbolt logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S and/or other countries.
USB Type-C™ and USB-C™ are trademarks of USB Implementers Forum.
FireWire is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries
Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.