March 12, 2015
StarTech.com’s new duplicator and dock enables users to dock, duplicate or erase multiple drives at the same time
Lockbourne, OH - March 12, 2015 - StarTech.com has announced the release of their new 6-Bay Hard Drive Duplicator and Dock (SKU: SATDOCK5U3ER), a combination drive duplicator and drive docking station, which supports 2.5 in or 3.5 in drives, and offers several modes of operation, in turn providing versatile data management options.
When used as a standalone drive duplicator, this product enables users to clone or erase up to five hard drives or solid-state drives simultaneously, without a host computer connection. The 6-Bay Duplicator and Dock can also be used as a hard drive docking station for up to six drives, over a USB 3.0 or eSATA host connection to a computer.
“The new dock is a powerful product that greatly simplifies drive management and IT deployment” said Juliet Wei, Senior Product Manager for StarTech.com’s line of data storage products. “The dock enables IT professionals to significantly boost their productivity, by enabling mass drive duplication and data erasure”.
Features and benefits of StarTech.com’s new 6-Bay Hard Drive Duplicator Dock include:
- 1:5 mass drive duplication & 5-drive mass erasing.
- Hassle-free, standalone operation with a built-in digital LCD display.
- eSATA & USB 3.0 host connections. Backward compatibility with USB 2.0, USB 1.1.
- Single-pass and multi-pass overwriting / DoD erasing for wiping the contents of up to five drives simultaneously
- 2.5 in or 3.5 in form factor drive support
- SATA revision I/II/III (1.5/3.0/6.0 Gbps) drive support
- Built-in dual cooling fans with speed control
MSRP for StarTech.com’s 6-Bay Hard Drive Duplicator Dock (SKU: SATDOCK5U3ER) is $914.99 (USD) in the United States, $939.99 (CAN) in Canada, £880.00 (GBP exc. VAT) in the UK. The duplicator/dock will be available at CDW, Amazon.com, Newegg.com, PC Connection, and Insight and will be distributed by Ingram Micro, SYNNEX, Tech Data, D&H and ASI.