August 18, 2016
StarTech.com’s new five-speed PCIe NBASE-T network card provides faster network options without upgrading wiring.
Lockbourne, OH - August 18, 2016 - StarTech.com has announced the release of a new PCIe NBASE-T Ethernet Network Card (SKU: ST10GSPEXNB) with a copper (RJ45) Ethernet port supporting five network speeds: 10G, 5G, 2.5G 1G and 100Mbps. This network card meets the demands for increased network bandwidth requirements greater than 1G, while being a cost-effective and versatile solution to deliver 2.5G and 5G speeds over existing CAT5 and CAT6 cabling.
The network card installs in a server or a desktop computer and instantly gives the user an upgrade in network speed options, without having to replace their existing network. With NBASE-T technology enabled, demands of higher network speeds are met, while the general network activity remains undisturbed. The network card is future-proof as it also supports 10GBASE-T technology, so as the wiring infrastructure is upgraded, the card supports faster 10G speeds.
Many users have outgrown their network’s speed capabilities due to mobile devices and cloud-based applications becoming more popular. An access point could be demanding data flow of 3 to 4Gbps, leading to traffic bottlenecks in these environments. This new card addresses the changing network scene in data traffic, while supporting more advanced technology solutions with minimal impact to your current network infrastructure.
Additional features of the network card are:
- Compliant with NBase-T 10GBase-T, 1GBase-T, 100Base-T industry standards
- Multigigabit networking technology with support for new Cisco® campus switches and Aruba Networks® access points
- PCIe 2.0 x4 interface
- Designed for low-power consumption - IEEE 802.3az compliant energy efficient chipset
- Cost-effective Ethernet connection
- Optional low-profile mounting bracket
- Up to 16K jumbo frame support
- Supports 802.1q VLAN Tagging
- Full-duplex support
- Supports Auto-MDIX
- Compatibility with Microsoft Hyper-V® virtualization software and iSCSI support to combine LAN and SAN functions
“The integration of this PCIe NBASE-T Ethernet Network Card contributes to the minimization of data bottlenecks, in combination with advances in wireless throughput, while delaying the cost of upgrading all cabling infrastructure to 10G requirements,” said Carey Cline, Senior Product Manager, StarTech.com.
The 1-Port PCI NBASE-T Ethernet Network Card is available at CDW, Amazon.com, Newegg.com, PC Connection, and Insight and will be distributed by Ingram Micro, SYNNEX, Tech Data, D&H and ASI.