HDMI Audio Extractor - 1080p
Extract and convert the audio from your HDMI signal to 3.5mm audio in 2.1 stereo sound
Product ID: HD2A
- Easily integrates the audio from your HDMI source with equipment that doesn't support HDMI
- Extracts analog and digital audio with an included 3.5mm to SPDIF adapter
- Expand the capabilities of the audio extractor by converting to RCA audio, using an inexpensive 3.5mm to RCA adapter (sold separately)
This HDMI® audio extractor lets you separate stereo audio from your HDMI video signal and connect it to a 3.5mm audio device, such as your stereo sound system or desktop speakers. You can also extract the audio from the HDMI signal and integrate it into an optical TOSLINK® application, using the included digital SPDIF adapter.
Your latest consumer A/V equipment probably only offers an HDMI output. This can make it difficult to integrate devices, such as your new Blu-ray™ player or computer system, with your existing audio equipment or desktop speakers.
The HDMI audio extractor is USB powered using the included power cable, for easy integration with your computer systems. The adapter also features a small footprint that discreetly blends into your hardware setup, for a uniform look.
Versatile connection options
With a 3.5mm audio output and a TOSLINK adapter included, the HDMI audio extractor lets you output audio to virtually any non-HDMI equipment, whether it's digital or analog. This makes the audio extractor great for any application where you need to connect your HDMI source to speakers that don't have an HDMI input - such as desktop speakers, or a classroom or boardroom sound system.
The audio extractor is HDCP enabled and HDMI 1.3b compliant, to ensure compatibility with your HDMI device. Plus, the HDMI output supports resolutions up to 1920x1080 (1080p) at 60Hz, to fit any HD application.
The HDMI audio extractor can also be used with an inexpensive dual-RCA composite adapter (sold separately) to integrate the audio from your HDMI source into 2-channel RCA audio applications.
The HD2A is backed by a 2-year StarTech.com warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Connect the audio from your HDMI source device to the speakers in a boardroom or classroom
- Use the audio extractor with an inexpensive adapter (sold separately) to output dual-RCA composite audio
- Convert the HDMI audio to dual-RCA composite using additional adapters (sold separately)
|AV Output||3.5 mm Audio|
|Chipset ID||Explore - EP93Z3E|
|Audio Specifications||2.1 stereo audio|
|Maximum Digital Resolutions||1080p (1920 x 1080)|
|Supported Resolutions||Up to 1080p (1920 x 1080)|
|Wide Screen Supported||Yes|
|Connector A||1 - HDMI (19 pin) Female Input|
|Connector B||1 - 3.5 mm Mini-Jack (3 Position) Female Output|
|1 - HDMI (19 pin) Female Output|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - USB Mini-B (5 pin) Female|
|Humidity||5% to 95% non-condensing|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 70°C (32°F to 158°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 80°C (14°F to 176°F)|
|Product Height||2 cm [0.8 in]|
|Product Length||60 mm [2.4 in]|
|Product Width||55 mm [2.2 in]|
|Weight of Product||39 g [1.4 oz]|
|Package Height||32 mm [1.3 in]|
|Package Length||14.3 cm [5.6 in]|
|Package Width||17 cm [6.7 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||135 g [4.8 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - HDMI audio extractor|
|1 - 2.5 ft. [780 mm] USB power cable|
|1 - Toslink adapter|
Connect an iPhone® or other MP3 player to a car stereo
10 ft slim profile Stereo 3.5mm audio cable
Easily connect an iPod or other MP3 player to your stereo
Connect your Computer or Audio Player to an RCA Audio Device
Connect your computer or audio player to an RCA audio device
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.