6 ft USB DVI External Multi Monitor Video Adapter Cable – M/M
Connect a DVI display for an extended desktop multi-monitor USB solution using an all-in-one cable solution
Product ID: USB2DVIMM6
- Optimal performance at 1680x1050 and ideal for use with 20" to 22" monitors or smaller
- Built-on USB and DVI cables
- Hassle-free installation
The USB2DVIMM6 External USB DVI Adapter Cable offers a hassle-free multi-monitor solution, turning a USB 2.0 port into a DVI video connection. This 6-foot USB Display Adapter is a complete solution, ready to go out of the box with all the cables you need built right onto the adapter. Simply install the drivers, connect to your computer and display. Built-on cables make the USB2DVIMM6 easier to install and does away with the need to worry about forgetting a cable.
Instead of having to open the computer case to install a specialized video card to accommodate a multi-display configuration, USB2DVIMM6 functions as an external USB video card saving both time and hassle.
Multiple (USB2DVIMM6) adapters (up to 5 total) can be used on a single system to provide several mirrored displays or extended desktops - a convenient and cost-effective multi-VGA option for virtually any laptop or desktop operating environment.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- All-in-one cable lets you tuck the enclosure behind your monitor for a cleaner and less cluttered desk space
- Completely external device offers a simple upgrade solution saving the cost and hassle of upgrading the internal video card on your system
- WHQL certified drivers offer a smooth and hassle-free install on Windows systems – Installs automatically when your system is connected to the internet
Extend or mirror the image shown on an existing display
Run multiple applications on different screens, check your email on one display and work on a document in the other.
|AV Input||USB 2.0|
|Chipset ID||DisplayLink - DL-165|
|General Specifications||This USB video adapter uses a DisplayLink family chipset. If you’re connecting this device to a computer along with additional USB video adapters or docking stations, please avoid using devices with a Trigger or Fresco family chipset.|
|Maximum Digital Resolutions||1600x1200(standard) or 1680x1050(wide) @ 32 bits|
|Supported Resolutions||Widescreen (16/32 bit):
1680x1050, 1440x900, 1366x768
Standard (16/32 bit):
1600x1200, 1280x1024, 1024x768, 800x600, 640x480
|Connector A||1 - USB Type-A (4 pin) USB 2.0 Male|
|Connector B||1 - DVI-D (19 pin) Male|
|Microsoft WHQL Certified||Yes|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8/8.1, 10
macOS 10.6 to 10.12, 10.14
Chrome OS v51
Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04, 18.04
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||Connect a maximum of five USB2DVIMM6 adapters on a single PC|
|System and Cable Requirements||Available USB 2.0 port
1.2GHz or higher CPU
30MB Hard Drive space
|Not intended for gaming|
|Cable Length||1.8 m [6 ft]|
|Product Height||23.5 mm [0.9 in]|
|Product Length||1.8 m [6 ft]|
|Product Weight||100 g [3.5 oz]|
|Product Width||48 mm [1.9 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||300 g [10.6 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB to DVI Cable Adapter|
|1 - Driver CD|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
macOS 10.6 to 10.12, 10.14
Chrome OS v51
Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04, 18.04
Extend your DVI-D (single link) connection by 10ft
Extend your DVI-D (single link) connection by 15ft
- [DisplayLink] Windows USB Display Adapter.zip Version: 8.6 M0
[DisplayLink] Mac USB Display Adapter.zip
10.6 to 10.12 Version: 4.3.1
10.14 Version: 5.0.1
Ubuntu 16.04, 18.04: 4.4.24
Ubuntu 17.10: 4.2.29
Ubuntu 14.04: 1.3.54
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
You may have heard of USB video adapters, and have been wondering what they are, and whether or not they will work in your setup.
USB video adapters are devices that take one USB port and go to one or many video connections, such as VGA, DVI, HDMI or DisplayPort. This is useful if you would like to add an additional display to your computer setup, but are out of video connections on your computer.
USB video adapters allow you to mirror or duplicate your display, so the same windows are shown on all of your displays, or extend your desktop, so that you can have different windows on each display.
So what do you need to know before you purchase a USB video adapter?
- USB video adapters require the computer to have a free USB port.
- Check which video connections your display has, and select the appropriate USB video adapter.
- Ensure that the USB video adapter is compatible with your operating system.
- USB video adapters require your video card to be able to handle an additional display. This is because USB video adapters work with your onboard or dedicated video card to drive additional displays. For this reason you are advised to confirm this with your video card manufacturer.
- Consider what you will be doing on the additional display. If you are looking to perform less graphically intensive activities like using Microsoft Office, email, or basic web surfing, you can use any USB video adapter. If you are looking to perform more graphically intensive activities like high end photo or video editing, you want a USB video adapter with dedicated memory.
There are a few other important things to note:
- When using multiple USB video adapters on the same computer, they need to use the same chipset family. For example, MCT/Trigger, DisplayLink or Fresco. Note: How many adapters you can use depends on the SKU.
- You may not be able to use a USB video adapter with an All-In-One computer. These computers are almost always hardwired to only accept a single display.
- You may not be able to use a USB video adapter with a touchscreen computer or display. A mixture of touchscreen and non-touchscreen devices can conflict with the video card.
- You should not use a USB video adapter to play video games. They are not designed for use with video games, and their performance with them is poor at best.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.