2 Port PCI to CardBus PCMCIA Adapter Card - Dual Profile
Add two PCMCIA/CardBus slots to a computer through a PCI expansion slot
Product ID: PCI2PCMCIA2
- Easy plug-and-play installation
- PC Card Standard Release 8.0 Specification compliant
- PCI Specification Revision 2.2 compliant
This 2 port PCI to CardBus PCMCIA Adapter Card lets you use your laptop PC cards (CardBus/PCMCIA) on a desktop computer.
Connecting to the host computer through simple installation in a PCI slot, the CardBus/PCMCIA to PCI Adapter Card integrates seamlessly with Windows operating systems with no loss of performance or features compared to conventional (laptop) installation.
The adapter card supports both the 16-bit PCMCIA and 32-bit CardBus standards, providing broad compatibility with your laptop adapter cards to ensure maximum convenience.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Connect your CardBus and PCMCIA laptop cards to your desktop computer
- No need to buy separate cards for both your laptop and desktop systems, save money and share a single card between both your computers
- Supports the hot plugging of laptop cards
Connect external hard drives, printers, PDAs, webcams, digital cameras, scanners, CD-R/RWs, Zip® drives, memory card readers, as well as many other peripherals to both your laptop and desktop systems
Connect USB 2.0, IEEE-1394 FireWire, RS-232 Serial, LAN/Network, Serial ATA, modem laptop cards as well as other laptop cards to your desktop computer
|Bus Type||PCI / PCI-X (5 / 3.3V)|
|Card Type||Standard Profile (LP bracket incl.)|
|Chipset ID||Texas Instruments - PCI1520GHK|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - PCI / PCI-X (Universal 3.3 & 5V, 32-bit) Male|
|External Ports||2 - PC Card (Type II, Cardbus) Slot|
|OS Compatibility||Windows 98SE/ ME/ 2000/ XP (32/64-bit)/ Server 2003 (32/64-bit)/ Server 2008 R2/ Vista (32/64-bit)/ 7 (32/64-bit)/ 8 (32/64-bit)|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||32-bit PCI slot|
|Product Height||19 mm [0.7 in]|
|Product Length||122 mm [4.8 in]|
|Product Weight||0.2 kg [0.4 lb]|
|Product Width||120 mm [4.7 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.2 kg [0.3 lb]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - PCI to PCMCIA Adapter Card|
|1 - Low Profile Bracket|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.