Black Aluminum 5.25in Rugged SATA Hard Drive Mobile Rack Drawer
Turns any 3.5in SATA hard drive into a rugged, hot-swap storage solution for a 5.25in bay
Product ID: DRW150SATBK
This high quality Removable SATA Hard Drive Drawer/Mobile Rack delivers a professional-grade hot-swap solution, allowing you to quickly swap SATA hard drives in/out of a computer without having to open the computer case. The mobile rack is fully compatible with RAID installations to ensure maximum performance and versatility for enhanced storage applications.
To maximize performance and utilize the full speed potential of your SATA III hard drives, this HDD Backplane supports SATA III for transfer speeds up to 6 Gbps when paired with a compatible controller.
Simply install the drive bay into a 5.25in bay on the host computer, then mount a 3.5in SATA HDD into the (removable) caddy. Connecting the SATA hard drive to the computer is as easy as inserting the caddy into the drive bay, which can be locked to prevent unauthorized removal of the drive. Features a front panel ball bearing fan, aluminum construction and 25K insertion rating. Backed by StarTech.com's 2-year warranty.
This product is interchangeable as a replacement for StorCase SATA models S21J111, SC21J111 and RJR110.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Maximize performance, with file transfer speeds up to 6Gbps when paired with SATA III HDD and controller
- Mobile rack system makes removing/replacing drives quick and safe, while a key lock prevents unauthorized access to the drive
- Solid aluminum construction, 40mm cooling fan and 25, 000+ insertion rating ensures durability and reliability from the Mobile Rack and the SATA drive
Add additional hot-swap bays to a server or workstation computer
Replace or upgrade old IDE backplane with a SATA backplane
System builders who need to image many drives simultaneously and quickly
Environments where drives need to be replaced/removed regularly, without external protection for the drives required after removal
Be able to replace/remove individual drives from a storage array with minimal or no system down time
|Compatible Drive Types||SATA|
|Fan Bearing Type||Ball Bearing|
|Fans||1 - 40 mm|
|Front Door Key Lock||Yes|
|Drive Connectors||1 - SATA (7 pin, Data) Receptacle|
|1 - SATA Power (15 pin) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||1 - LP4 (4 pin; Molex-type Large Drive Power) Male|
|1 - SATA (7 pin, Data) Plug|
|1 - SATA Power (15 pin) Receptacle|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||Unit is model specific and is not meant for use with different models of drive drawer unless otherwise stated|
|System and Cable Requirements||PC or Mac with a 5.25 Inch Drive Bay|
|LED Indicators||1 - Activity (Yellow)|
|1 - Power (Green)|
|Product Height||41 mm [1.6 in]|
|Product Length||190 mm [7.5 in]|
|Product Weight||782 g [27.6 oz]|
|Product Width||147 mm [5.8 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||834 g [29.4 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Mobile Rack Caddy|
|1 - 5.25" Mobile Rack Bay|
|1 - SATA Cable|
|2 - Key|
|1 - Screw Kit|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.