Mini USB Bluetooth 2.1 Adapter - Class 2 EDR Wireless Network Adapter
Add Bluetooth 2.0 with EDR capabilities to a computer, through USB
Product ID: USBBT2EDR2
The USBBT2EDR2 USB to Class 2 Bluetooth Adapter with EDR is a micro-sized adapter that adds Bluetooth capabilities to a computer through an available USB port, which enables you to connect to devices wirelessly, at ranges up to 10m (32ft) while consuming minimal power.
Supporting the Bluetooth v2.1 specification along with Enhanced Data Rate (EDR), for transfer rates up to 3 Mbps, this adapter uses a small form factor design that makes it conveniently portable and unobtrusive when connected to a computer.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR compliant with transfer rates up to 3 Mbps and backward compatible with older Bluetooth devices
- Class 2 transceiver offers a range of up to 10m (32ft) for many consumer/commercial or industrial applications
- Ultra-compact form factor for easy portability and unobtrusive installation in almost any scenario
Connect Bluetooth peripherals such as keyboard/mouse or smart phones to your computer system
Reduce cable clutter by using wireless Bluetooth devices (such as keyboard/mouse) instead of traditional wired devices
Connect peripherals wirelessly to a computer in a remote/secure location
Connect peripherals in an industrial setting, where the computer can be kept away from work areas
|Antenna Configuration||Chip Antenna|
|Chipset ID||CSR - BC0401PC08|
|Industry Standards||Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR|
|Frequency||2.4 GHz ISM|
|Frequency Range||10m (32ft)|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||3 Mbps|
|Modulation||GFSK,p/4 DQPSK, 8DPSK|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - USB Type-A (4 pin) USB 2.0 Male|
|Bluetooth Class 2.0|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10
Mac OS® 10.6 to 10.13
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||Available USB port|
|LED Indicators||1 - Power/Standby|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||0.1W|
|Operating Temperature||-10°C to 50°C (14°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-25°C to 80°C (-13°F to 176°F)|
|Product Height||6 mm [0.2 in]|
|Product Length||20 mm [0.8 in]|
|Product Weight||2 g [0.1 oz]|
|Product Width||9.7 mm [0.4 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.1 kg [0.2 lb]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB to Bluetooth Adapter|
|1 - Driver CD|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Mac OS® 10.6 to 10.13
- [CSR BC0401PC08] Windows USB Bluetooth Adapter.zip Version: 7.0.496.9
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
Bluetooth classes define a Bluetooth device’s maximum power output; the higher a device’s output power, the longer the maximum range. The below table outlines the average power output and range of the four Bluetooth classes:
A device's maximum range can also depend on environmental factors, such as physical obstructions between the two Bluetooth devices.
In order to achieve the maximum range defined by a Bluetooth class, both devices must support the same class. For example, if you wish to communicate at a 100m range, both Bluetooth devices will need to be class 1 devices. If one of the devices is class 2, both devices will operate at the range of class 2.
Bluetooth profiles are additional protocols that that more clearly define the Bluetooth standard for very specific uses. Profiles define exactly how Bluetooth technology is used in specific situations.
Some examples of Bluetooth profiles are Serial Port Profile (SPP), Human Interface Device (HID), Hands-Free Profile (HFP), and Headset Profile (HSP).
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.