November 06, 2014
The new laptop docking station is the first available on the market to deliver industry-leading 4K Ultra HD image quality. With support for resolutions up to 3840x2160p when connected to a single DisplayPort monitor, the new docking station is ideal for professionals who require highly accurate attention to detail, such as graphic and web designers, animators or engineers.
Lockbourne, OH - November 6, 2014 - StarTech.com, a leading manufacturer of hard-to-find connectivity parts, has announced the release of the first 4K Ultra HD Laptop Docking Station available on the market (SKU:USB3DOCKHDPC). The new docking station enables users to harness the astounding visual quality of a 4K Ultra HD monitor, while connecting to all of their essential laptop peripherals over a single USB 3.0 connection. With support for 4K Ultra HD output (3840x2160p), the docking station delivers a level of display performance not currently featured on available laptop docking stations, making it the ideal solution for graphics-intensive applications such as CAD-based engineering and graphic design.
The new docking station also offers the option for users to turn their laptop or Ultrabook into a full-featured, multi-monitor workspace, by simultaneously connecting to a DisplayPort and an HDMI-equipped monitor, for easier and more efficient multitasking, when not connected to a 4K display.
“Adding 4K video support to our Docking Station line shows StarTech.com’s continued commitment to enhancing productivity, while offering the latest technology in support of laptop and Ultrabook computers”, said Carey Cline, Senior Product Manager for StarTech.com. “With 4K video, versatile external multi-display options, charging functionality for mobile devices and extra port connections for peripherals, this docking station is the ultimate addition to the user experience”.
Features of StarTech.com’s first 4K Ultra HD Laptop Docking Station include:
- 4K DisplayPort video output to a single DisplayPort display, with support for 3840x2160p Ultra HD resolutions
- Dual display support (1x DisplayPort + 1x HDMI) when connected to non-4K monitors
- Easy-access USB 3.0 Fast-charge and sync port, able to charge mobile devices without a laptop connection
- Integrated security lock slot to keep the docking station secure
- 3.5mm 4-Position TRRS Headset port - Audio/Microphone
- 4x total USB 3.0 downstream ports with UASP support (1x side port USB Battery Charging Specification 1.2 compliant, and 3x rear ports)
- Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 Port with Wake-on-LAN (WOL)
- Small and flat footprint, providing an elevated typing surface when tucked under a laptop
- Includes 2ft USB 3.0 host cable
MSRP for StarTech.com’s 4K Ultra HD Laptop Docking Station (SKU:USB3DOCKHDPC) is $222.99 (USD) in the United States, $228.99 (CAN) in Canada, £192.99 (GBP exc. VAT) in the UK. This product will be available at CDW, Amazon.com, Newegg.com, PC Connection, and Insight and will be distributed by Ingram Micro, SYNNEX, Tech Data, D&H and ASI.
For questions about this announcement, please contact Andrew Stephen at 1-800-265-1844 ext. 1248 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
StarTech.com is an ISO 9001:2000 registered manufacturer of hard-to find connectivity parts including A/V products, computer parts, cables and server management solutions. Founded in 1985, StarTech.com has locations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, The United Kingdom, Europe and Taiwan, servicing a worldwide market.